The Student Room Group

Urgent help required!

I have two exams coming up this week, I have had a very bad depressive episode recently in which I was hospitalised, my doctor has told me not to attend the exams as I am not fit to take them at the moment, and that the uni will assume I am fit to take it if I attend. Not sure what I should do, do I attend the exam and risk failing or not attend and try to get it deferred? Really unsure, I just don’t want to be kicked out of uni for not attending :frown:
Original post by Anonymous
I have two exams coming up this week, I have had a very bad depressive episode recently in which I was hospitalised, my doctor has told me not to attend the exams as I am not fit to take them at the moment, and that the uni will assume I am fit to take it if I attend. Not sure what I should do, do I attend the exam and risk failing or not attend and try to get it deferred? Really unsure, I just don’t want to be kicked out of uni for not attending :frown:

This is what personal tutors are for, to give you uni specific advice and guidance when things go off the rails, and to forward the problem on to the "right" bits of the system. Best thing to do is drop them an email explain what is happening to you ASAP, it’s always much easier to fix an issue like this before the exam rather than after. You are likely to be offered an exam deferral until you are well enough to take the exam.
(edited 11 months ago)
Reply 2
Look after yourself. You have a medical reason for not sitting the exams. You will be given a chance to take the exams when you are better - as a first attempt so don't worry, take care of yourself.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending