The Student Room Group

What do I do?

There's this part time job I really want and it's close to my house like an 8 minute walk away at this convenience store but they don't have any online applications or anything (I looked trust me) they just put up a piece of paper on the walls of the shop saying they urgently need a part time worker so I'll probably have to go up to the counter to ask about a job except I'm not the most confident person and that makes me feel nervous but I'll probably do it in the end but seeing as there isn't any formal way of applying should I come with my CV in my bag? I have it online but should I print it? How will this go? Also even though I'm my first year of uni I have never had a job before so will they even want me??? How are you supposed to get experience if all jobs require experience beforehand??? Also they said they need someone urgently so maybe they'll take me?
Reply 1
Original post by DispiritedDream
There's this part time job I really want and it's close to my house like an 8 minute walk away at this convenience store but they don't have any online applications or anything (I looked trust me) they just put up a piece of paper on the walls of the shop saying they urgently need a part time worker so I'll probably have to go up to the counter to ask about a job except I'm not the most confident person and that makes me feel nervous but I'll probably do it in the end but seeing as there isn't any formal way of applying should I come with my CV in my bag? I have it online but should I print it? How will this go? Also even though I'm my first year of uni I have never had a job before so will they even want me??? How are you supposed to get experience if all jobs require experience beforehand??? Also they said they need someone urgently so maybe they'll take me?

I would suggest you print out a copy of your CV and take it with you to your local convenience store and ask them about the job they advertise and see what they say about it to you and if they are interested in interviewing you then you can always hand them over your CV to allow them to look over it.
You have nothing to worry about and to lose.

You'll get more confident with each job you apply for and also attending any interviews.

Go ahead and make yourself available before anyone else 🙂🙂🙂
Original post by DispiritedDream

Go in and see them. Take a copy of your CV in your bag just in case they want it.
You have nothing to lose

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending