The Student Room Group

Manipulation

I've been manipulated a handful of times throughout my life. I assume that because of my medical condition and people seeing me as a really nice and genuine person, they feel obliged to tamper with those qualities and use them for their own personal gain. In secondary school I was asked out by a girl, but the next day she dumped me-which to me is a way to lure me and make me feel happy and then resorting to plant a metaphorical axe in my spine.

Anybody have any stories of being manipulated they want to share?
How old are you? Are you still getting hung up over what happened at school?
Reply 2
Original post by Crazed cat lady
How old are you? Are you still getting hung up over what happened at school?

I'm not hung up at all I've overcome it-I just want people's perspective on this topic is all.
Reply 3
Original post by JDINCINERATOR
I've been manipulated a handful of times throughout my life. I assume that because of my medical condition and people seeing me as a really nice and genuine person, they feel obliged to tamper with those qualities and use them for their own personal gain. In secondary school I was asked out by a girl, but the next day she dumped me-which to me is a way to lure me and make me feel happy and then resorting to plant a metaphorical axe in my spine.

Hi! How have you been today? Hope you remember me.

I'm sorry to hear that. People are so cruel, and it's getting worse every day. I reckon being nice all the time means someone is doing injustice to themselves. 'Cause not everyone values a nice person the way he or she deserves.

Well, I've been a victim of such things many times in my life. But I would like to share a situation that I confronted at my previous workplace. Some people tried to manipulate me by saying, do this and that. Even though I was assigned a specific role, I had to do various activities, and many people took advantage of me as I was the youngest and most inexperienced member of all. A couple of times I reacted, but most of the time I didn't 'cause I was in need of that job. Another thing is if I lose my cool and it makes me so furious that I don't know what to do. Hence, I always tried to be naive, and I worked there for 11 months. Afterwards, I resigned from there.
It sounds like you need to move on from the past.
Reply 5
Original post by Wonder Potato
It sounds like you need to move on from the past.

I have, but that doesn't mean it can be forgotten.
Reply 6
Original post by Meheraj
Hi! How have you been today? Hope you remember me.

I'm sorry to hear that. People are so cruel, and it's getting worse every day. I reckon being nice all the time means someone is doing injustice to themselves. 'Cause not everyone values a nice person the way he or she deserves.

Well, I've been a victim of such things many times in my life. But I would like to share a situation that I confronted at my previous workplace. Some people tried to manipulate me by saying, do this and that. Even though I was assigned a specific role, I had to do various activities, and many people took advantage of me as I was the youngest and most inexperienced member of all. A couple of times I reacted, but most of the time I didn't 'cause I was in need of that job. Another thing is if I lose my cool and it makes me so furious that I don't know what to do. Hence, I always tried to be naive, and I worked there for 11 months. Afterwards, I resigned from there.

I'm doing well thank you. I think I might know who you are, but I don't know exactly.

Yeah people's cruelty and apathy really does make things difficult. Yeah I agree, I probably do a great injustice to myself being nice all the time-but I don't really care for the negativity of people because that stuff doesn't help anything.

When it comes to fellow employees, it's hard to work with uncooperative and disrespectful colleagues. A job where you work alone might seem depressing, but at least you can do that job well without interference and you can focus on yourself and what you want to achieve.
no ima flat out bich like all the way i have never been minipulated but ive done it before

Reply 8
I'm doing well thank you. I think I might know who you are, but I don't know exactly.

Yeah people's cruelty and apathy really does make things difficult. Yeah I agree, I probably do a great injustice to myself being nice all the time-but I don't really care for the negativity of people because that stuff doesn't help anything.

When it comes to fellow employees, it's hard to work with uncooperative and disrespectful colleagues. A job where you work alone might seem depressing, but at least you can do that job well without interference and you can focus on yourself and what you want to achieve.

No worries! Well, we had a chat once. Never mind.

I do eye-to-eye with you.

Absolutely, it's like having something is way better rather than everything.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending