The Student Room Group

Person with a crush on me making me uncomfortable?

So this person (Angel for privacy reasons) has a crush on me. It's been going on for quite a while now and honestly it's making me a little uncomfortable and pretty annoyed. Angel always feels the need to show up and walk with me despite it being a hassle to get there (as in walking across campus to get there). I feel like wherever I am Angel appears. Angel also always stands near me in group settings despite me making it very difficult. One example of this is when I was in the middle of two friends talking and Angel simply stood behind me. Sometimes Angel says I'm manipulative, play with their emotions, or that I lead them on. Despite me being clear that I don't feel the same way, all of this behavior still continues. My friends have told me it's quite creepy, and that Angel follows me around like a dog.

I don't know if I'm maybe doing something to encourage this? I do have Angels number but I never start conversations. I don't seek Angel out. I don't make efforts to be alone together. If anything, I very much avoid being alone with Angel. I make it difficult for them to even talk one on one with me most of the time. I'm still polite with Angel though I've never even hinted at returning these feelings. Am I an *******? I just don't get this.
Reply 1
Probably at the point where you need to tell them what works for you and what needs to change. If then you’re being accused of being manipulative, become hostile and get your friends to warn them off too. Why Angel?
Original post by Anonymous
So this person (Angel for privacy reasons) has a crush on me. It's been going on for quite a while now and honestly it's making me a little uncomfortable and pretty annoyed. Angel always feels the need to show up and walk with me despite it being a hassle to get there (as in walking across campus to get there). I feel like wherever I am Angel appears. Angel also always stands near me in group settings despite me making it very difficult. One example of this is when I was in the middle of two friends talking and Angel simply stood behind me. Sometimes Angel says I'm manipulative, play with their emotions, or that I lead them on. Despite me being clear that I don't feel the same way, all of this behavior still continues. My friends have told me it's quite creepy, and that Angel follows me around like a dog.

I don't know if I'm maybe doing something to encourage this? I do have Angels number but I never start conversations. I don't seek Angel out. I don't make efforts to be alone together. If anything, I very much avoid being alone with Angel. I make it difficult for them to even talk one on one with me most of the time. I'm still polite with Angel though I've never even hinted at returning these feelings. Am I an *******? I just don't get this.

But have you been leading him on? Somd girls like the chase and like playing hard to get? Some guys catch feelings easily and maybe you have been leading him on.
Reply 3
Original post by Zarek
Probably at the point where you need to tell them what works for you and what needs to change. If then you’re being accused of being manipulative, become hostile and get your friends to warn them off too. Why Angel?

I just picked a random neutral name
You need to be extremely upfront about this.

Tell Angel you are uncomfortable with their persistent pursuit of you despite you not being interested. Say you have no feelings for them, you will never feel the same way that they do for you, and that you are beginning to feel violated when they invade your personal space at every opportunity. Don't forget to mention that if your wishes (to be left alone) are not respected, you will cease contact.

Angel's comments that you are "manipulative" and "leading them on" are untrue and toxic. Their only purpose is to make you feel guilty for doing nothing wrong. Be prepared to take this situation further if need be.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending