The Student Room Group

what is this a sign of?

looking down when walking
Original post by hurtinguser

Probably need more context.

In deep thought? Worrying? Social anxiety/unconfident? Something interesting on the ground? Amusing oneself with what's on the ground?

How does the person look when walking? Is it often? How is the person normally? Need more context to say for sure.
Reply 2
Original post by MindMax2000
Probably need more context.

In deep thought? Worrying? Social anxiety/unconfident? Something interesting on the ground? Amusing oneself with what's on the ground?

How does the person look when walking? Is it often? How is the person normally? Need more context to say for sure.

it's abt me - i made eye contact unintentionally and feel uncomfortable, and not sure but i think it's unconfident with the idea of trying to avoid eye contact
like when im walking to school i dont know where to look and dont want ppl to think why im looking down
also walking normally and yes often

i relate to this yoo, i dont look at faces in particular either :0
it's abt me - i made eye contact unintentionally and feel uncomfortable, and not sure but i think it's unconfident with the idea of trying to avoid eye contact
like when im walking to school i dont know where to look and dont want ppl to think why im looking down
also walking normally and yes often

Generally it makes you look unconfident, but that's if the person is reading you on a superficial level (those who are pros know better).

Eye contact is generally courteous and actually encouraged. I wouldn't stare at people all the time, as that can make them feel uncomfortable, but if it's about 70-80% of the time, it can make people feel listened to.
The only time when eye contact is not encouraged is if you're looking for trouble with someone who is very violent and aggressive. In these situations, you want to move away as quickly as you can for personal protection.
Generally, if you don't look for more than 2 seconds at a particular person or thing, they won't consider you paying attention to them.

When walking, you want to look in front of you, or at the very least where you're going. It's the natural position to be looking in and it makes you look relaxed. The only time when I would be looking down when walking is in case I want to avoid treading on something I much rather avoid.

Quick Reply

Latest