The Student Room Group

signing exam papers (GCSE)

im worried that i have forgotten to sign one of the papers that i wrote before half term. what actually will happen if you dont sign the papers?
Reply 1
nothing will happen, as long as you have put ur candidate number, your name, surname and the centre number, im sure itll be fine. i did the same thing for some of my exam papers too, but its not that big of a deal as long as you have filled in the rest of your details x
Reply 2
Original post by yaz2007
nothing will happen, as long as you have put ur candidate number, your name, surname and the centre number, im sure itll be fine. i did the same thing for some of my exam papers too, but its not that big of a deal as long as you have filled in the rest of your details x

ah brill thanks !! i was losing sleep over it but feeling better now, ive put the rest of the details on but i think i didnt sign it because we never did that sort of thing in mocks so it just flew past me! cheers
Reply 3
Original post by yaz2007
nothing will happen, as long as you have put ur candidate number, your name, surname and the centre number, im sure itll be fine. i did the same thing for some of my exam papers too, but its not that big of a deal as long as you have filled in the rest of your details

Hi, sorry do u know how you know this i've done the same and i'm panicking because my friends are saying it matters.
Reply 4
Original post by kav05908
Hi, sorry do u know how you know this i've done the same and i'm panicking because my friends are saying it matters.

i'd say, if you're worried about it, chat with your exams officer tmr just to make sure. most of the time, they'll check the papers themselves to make sure all the details are on the paper, and if your signature is missing they would probably just call you back to sign it off.
hope that helps! x
(edited 10 months ago)
Reply 5
i know this because basically, people in my school werent signing the papers even tho they were supposed to, and it was probably mid-gcse time before the half term when the examiner officers told us we were supposed to be signing our papers. from then on, they made sure that we signed our papers,, but honestly i dont think anything will happen to ur papers if u dont sign it. i dont think theyre gonna make us resit exams or sign the papers which we didnt sign, as long as we had put our candidate number, name and surname,, i dont think it is that big of a deal, but do discuss this with your exam officers

Original post by kav05908
Original post by judezy
im worried that i have forgotten to sign one of the papers that i wrote before half term. what actually will happen if you dont sign the papers?

aqa right?
Original post by yaz2007

omdd thanks you very much i have been stressing especially results day near by
Reply 8
Original post by NewPlayer2410
omdd thanks you very much i have been stressing especially results day near by

ahaha no worries! did everything turn out all right in the end?

Quick Reply

Latest