The Student Room Group

Why has my work coach change when signing on? I'm dreading meeting the new one

I had the best work coach, she's so nice unlike the others that look their nose down at every claimant for being on benefits and are so mean ending in getting sanctions. I finally got a good one but I was supposed to sign on recently but the night before it was rescheduled for a later date with a new work coach and I'm dreading it, I've seen all the other work coaches at the jobcentre I go to and they all look so mean. I don't know why they changed my work coach when I only have 2 sign ons left before I have to sign off. I'm dreading seeing the new one. I was used to the nice one and I'm self employed, I'll probably have to explain everything about my work to the new work coach and she's probably going to be mean and say I'm not doing enough to increase my wage and sanction me which I can't afford to happen, my self employed wage is very little so I need the benefit money I don't know what I'm going to do when I have to sign off. An employed job is This sucks so bad I don't understand why they've changed my work coach, I never asked for a new one and get on really well with the one I had. I'm really dreading it, hoping they're going to reschedule the sign on again with the workcoach I had before as the new sign on date isn't my usual date to sign on it's been the same day of the month every time but this time it wasn't and the reschedule date is also different 😭
They change work coaches for lots of reasons - case loads, appointment schedules or staff moving roles.

I can understand an element of anxiety, but jumping to the idea that they will hatefully sanction you is a bit melodramatic.
Reply 2
As above.

And if you can't afford to live on your income whilst self-employed, why not get a job that pays better; you didn't finish that sentence.?
Reply 3
Original post by Surnia
As above.

And if you can't afford to live on your income whilst self-employed, why not get a job that pays better; you didn't finish that sentence.?

I'm looking for employed jobs and also trying to increase my income but not been successful.
Reply 4
Update: I didn't get sanctioned but the work coach was exactly like I was expecting. She was mean, having a go at me and trying to belittle me. She at first had no clue what my work is and then didn't fully understand it and was more interested in how much money I was making and when I told her she was repeating back the numbers really loudly to belittle me and people were staring. It was really bad and I really thought she was going to sanction me because of how little I'm making but then she asked what I was going to do to increase it and market my work. When I told her she finally seemed satisfied and said it was fine before letting me go but she did have a go at me about increasing my income because it wasn't enough and it could affect my claim if I didn't get minimum wage by the deadline.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending