The Student Room Group

Oxford without A levels

So I saw recently that Oxford say they accept some level 3 courses rather than A levels, but I was wondering how true this actually is? I don't take a course, but I'm just interested to know, has anyone ever *actually* gone to Oxford without A levels?
Reply 1
Original post by rycbar.123
So I saw recently that Oxford say they accept some level 3 courses rather than A levels, but I was wondering how true this actually is? I don't take a course, but I'm just interested to know, has anyone ever *actually* gone to Oxford without A levels?

yes. often art and music students don't have a levels - they are doing courses at colleges or studying at music-related colleges etc. it's not uncommon for art and music, but for typical subjects like maths/engineering - more schooly subjects - you would probably need a-levels.
Reply 2
You need A-Level Maths and ideally Further Maths for Maths, Natural Sciences, Engineering and Economics as well as Computer Science. But for most other courses, they will want A-Levels or a 'rigorous' course of academic study to cope with the highly demanding intense workload of the 8 week terms at Oxford University.
(edited 11 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending