The Student Room Group

Missed exam

My useless phone decided to not go off this morning so I missed my exam. I'm not sure what to do but had a look at the exams page and put in a self certification.

It says there will be an august reassessment, but I'm an international student and the last thing I want is paying more £££*for a flight halfway through the holiday. It's a language module so it was only worth 50%, I think I scored high enough on the coursework to pass, so I don't know if it's worth it for me to spend that much? But at the same time I'm second year and I want to apply for masters next year so I don't want it to bring down my average.
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
My useless phone decided to not go off this morning so I missed my exam. I'm not sure what to do but had a look at the exams page and put in a self certification.

It says there will be an august reassessment, but I'm an international student and the last thing I want is paying more £££*for a flight halfway through the holiday. It's a language module so it was only worth 50%, I think I scored high enough on the coursework to pass, so I don't know if it's worth it for me to spend that much? But at the same time I'm second year and I want to apply for masters next year so I don't want it to bring down my average.

It will ultimately be down to an exam board to make a decision as to what will happen, and I suspect that a self-certificate saying (essentially) "I didn't attend my exam because I overslept" is unlikely to impress the decision makers.

If you simply need to get an overall pass mark in the module, and it doesn't matter what marks you get in the separate components, then as long as you pass overall you shouldn't need to do a reassessment. If you need to get a pass mark in each component, then it's likely you'll have to do a reassessment (but note that the method of reassessment might not be the same as the original).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending