The Student Room Group

Helpful psychology mnemonics help please aqa a level

any acronyms poems songs mnemonics you use for remebring content, studies and key bits
Reply 1
Original post by gloopwaffles4
any acronyms poems songs mnemonics you use for remebring content, studies and key bits

this one is a bit dumb but
andy
is
so
moody

for the stages of attachment (asocial, indiscriminate, single, multiple)
Reply 2
thanks so much , very appreciated :smile:

Original post by anon-.-
this one is a bit dumb but
andy
is
so
moody

for the stages of attachment (asocial, indiscriminate, single, multiple)
Hello, here are a couple general acronyms I find useful, but feel free to adjust them to fit your style.

How to evaluate studies:
Generalisability
Reliability
Applications
Validity
Ethical Considerations

For the ethical guidelines:
When Doing Psychology, Don't Do Immoral Conduct.
Withdrawal
Deception
Protection
Deception
Data
Informed consent
Competence

And for key studies I often use diagrams to which you can include details to reference different parts of the procedure, for example in Loftus and Palmer's study on eye witness testimony a small car with a cracked window and a speech bubble with "Bang!/Crash!" written inside. This represents the participants watching videos of cars crashing, whether their was shattered glass & what vocabulary was used to describe the crash (differed amongst participant groups). Doesn't have to be a good drawing or anything, just a quick sketch on a piece of extra paper that you can ask for in the exam.

Hope this helps:smile:
Reply 4
Original post by please help me x
Hello, here are a couple general acronyms I find useful, but feel free to adjust them to fit your style.

How to evaluate studies:
Generalisability
Reliability
Applications
Validity
Ethical Considerations

For the ethical guidelines:
When Doing Psychology, Don't Do Immoral Conduct.
Withdrawal
Deception
Protection
Deception
Data
Informed consent
Competence

And for key studies I often use diagrams to which you can include details to reference different parts of the procedure, for example in Loftus and Palmer's study on eye witness testimony a small car with a cracked window and a speech bubble with "Bang!/Crash!" written inside. This represents the participants watching videos of cars crashing, whether their was shattered glass & what vocabulary was used to describe the crash (differed amongst participant groups). Doesn't have to be a good drawing or anything, just a quick sketch on a piece of extra paper that you can ask for in the exam.

Hope this helps:smile:

thank you so much !!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending