The Student Room Group

IRP Discussion Questions - AQA A LEVEL Spanish

My IRP question is ' consider whether the spanish government are doing enough to combat domestic violence.' and I'm stuck on what kind of questions I'd predict the examiner would ask.
I know it depends on what I put in my little 2 min presentation but I'd just like to know any suggestions;

Any help?
Original post by opaque21
My IRP question is ' consider whether the spanish government are doing enough to combat domestic violence.' and I'm stuck on what kind of questions I'd predict the examiner would ask.
I know it depends on what I put in my little 2 min presentation but I'd just like to know any suggestions;

Any help?

Of course it depends on what you say in your presentation, but I'd expect to discuss:

- numbers (and how these have evolved over the past 20-odd years, with an attempt at explaining this evolution). Also interesting to see if there are any notable regional differences in the statistics - there may not be, but that is an interesting point in itself.
- how covid lockdowns affected domestic violence
- the reasons behind domestic violence - psychological, psychiatric, cultural...
- Spanish legislation on domestic abuse at the moment
- an examination (by referring to other countries) into the extent to which strong legislation is indeed a deterrent
- the victims of violent domestic abuse - and don't forget the men (great taboo: men who are beaten up by their lady partners...) and the parents (apparently increasing numbers of parents are being bullied and physically attacked by their offspring)

Hope this helps; good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending