The Student Room Group

Primary education at UEL

Hi guys!

So I will (hopefully) be studying primary education with QTS at UEL in September 2021 and this thread is basically for anyone else who is thinking about doing an education course in UEL just to make friends because I need some :lol:
(edited 2 years ago)
Best of luck with it :biggrin:
I e been accepted to study my PGCE with QTS at UEL. I’ve chosen the early years EYFS AGES 3-7 path. How about you?
Reply 3
Original post by Jill Downes
I e been accepted to study my PGCE with QTS at UEL. I’ve chosen the early years EYFS AGES 3-7 path. How about you?

that's really good!

right now I work at a day care with the early years age group, and I've got an interview coming up for the primary education with qts degree, so I'm praying that goes well and I get accepted :h:
Reply 4
Original post by 04MR17
Best of luck with it :biggrin:

thank you, i need it :h:
Original post by fatiana
Hi guys!

So I will (hopefully) be studying primary education with QTS at UEL in September 2021 and this thread is basically for anyone else who is thinking about doing an education course in UEL just to make friends because I need some :lol:

Hi i have an interview in UEL for pgce primary with sen. I’d love to start in UEL this September. Could you pls give me some tips also what you have been asked ? I would appreciate any information.
Thank you very much
Reply 6
Original post by hacer kaplan
Hi i have an interview in UEL for pgce primary with sen. I’d love to start in UEL this September. Could you pls give me some tips also what you have been asked ? I would appreciate any information.
Thank you very much

How did your interview go I have one on Monday for the same course really would appreciate some help
Thanks

Hi, I have an interview for the same course and I’m kinda nervous about doing maths and English task. What did you have to do for your interview?
Hey, how did the interview go?Do you have any tips for me at all im planning on doing this course in september thats if I get an interview and im wondering what I need to study (particularly maths) Did you interview using microsoft teams how did that go xx
The English was easy - explain your future aspirations in teaching. The maths was harder but that’s because it’s my weaker subject. Revise Year 6 SATS papers. The interview questions were standard, no nasty surprises. Good luck!
Reply 10
Hi
Did anyone get through interviews successfully and got accepted to the programme? How is it going so far? Would you recommend the university? I have an interview next week
Reply 11
Original post by fatiana
Hi guys!

Hi
Did you go ahead with UEL for the pgce course? Would you recommend the university?
Reply 12

Hi there
Did you complete the course at UEL, how has it been so far? I have received an offer as well and want to get some insight about the uni experience before I accept it.
Reply 13
Pgce primary interview at UEL
1. It was an online interview where some general questions were asked ( why uni- led course/ why primary etc/ what is important for a teacher/ level of commitment willing to put in)
2. I had to present a book for a primary grade - actually had to read it out loud and how I would enhance learning through that
3. I was asked why i chose the specific book

4. Was a written assessment sent via email which had to be hand written and sent back. Questions were what are the implications/ future goals etc
3. The math assessment was a google form which had a series of questions and some of the math formulae were new to me - measuring area/ algebra/ fractions/ decimals/ probability etc. 30 questions to be completed within 30 mins( for me that was the hardest as I am not a math person)
Reply 14
Original post by Sar777
Pgce primary interview at UEL
1. It was an online interview where some general questions were asked ( why uni- led course/ why primary etc/ what is important for a teacher/ level of commitment willing to put in)
2. I had to present a book for a primary grade - actually had to read it out loud and how I would enhance learning through that
3. I was asked why i chose the specific book

4. Was a written assessment sent via email which had to be hand written and sent back. Questions were what are the implications/ future goals etc
3. The math assessment was a google form which had a series of questions and some of the math formulae were new to me - measuring area/ algebra/ fractions/ decimals/ probability etc. 30 questions to be completed within 30 mins( for me that was the hardest as I am not a math person)

Hey! I hope you are well I am applying for UEL PGCE primary too this year, I went to an open day yesterday! How did u find the interview, did u get accepted and any advice on the reading task?? I’m not currently in the education field I’m looking to chance career, but it’s something I’ve always wanted to do

any advice would be super helpful!!
Reply 15
Original post by zqay
Hey! I hope you are well I am applying for UEL PGCE primary too this year, I went to an open day yesterday! How did u find the interview, did u get accepted and any advice on the reading task?? I’m not currently in the education field I’m looking to chance career, but it’s something I’ve always wanted to do

any advice would be super helpful!!

Hi there
Well the interview process went like this

1. I was asked to present book for 5 minutes for a primary class and mention how I could enhance learning through different methods( so I did questioning, paying attention to my objectives of the lesson)

2. Secondly I was asked a series of questions ( challenges of being a new teacher, how will I handle a child with a abusive home, how much commitment I will put forth etc)

3. Finally it was a Math and English Assessment. Math assessment was via a google form, which I had to submit answers- 30 odd questions in 30 mins - questions ranged from algebrA, percentages, decimal points etc. Calculators should not be used. I found this a little challenging as I am not a Math person, but I managed it. Mostly its the basics
The English Assessment was straightforward. I had to submit written response on the questions provided which will be sent via email at the time of the interview. I had to scan and send my answers during the allocated time, the interviewer waits till its submitted.

hope this helps
all the best!
Reply 16
Original post by Sar777
Hi there
Well the interview process went like this

1. I was asked to present book for 5 minutes for a primary class and mention how I could enhance learning through different methods( so I did questioning, paying attention to my objectives of the lesson)

2. Secondly I was asked a series of questions ( challenges of being a new teacher, how will I handle a child with a abusive home, how much commitment I will put forth etc)

3. Finally it was a Math and English Assessment. Math assessment was via a google form, which I had to submit answers- 30 odd questions in 30 mins - questions ranged from algebrA, percentages, decimal points etc. Calculators should not be used. I found this a little challenging as I am not a Math person, but I managed it. Mostly its the basics
The English Assessment was straightforward. I had to submit written response on the questions provided which will be sent via email at the time of the interview. I had to scan and send my answers during the allocated time, the interviewer waits till its submitted.

hope this helps
all the best!

Hey Thankyou for this super helpful!

did they check ur certificates? And did u get an offer straight away?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending