The Student Room Group

AQA AS Physics Paper 1

How did it go for you?

The first question was nice but the 4 marker about quark structure got me.

Did not like the waves question. The polarization 6 marker was ok.

The bow and arrow question was okay.

The robot helicopter on mars was a nice question, lots of easy suvat too

The electricity question was ok but the last part got me.

Only 6 questions was weird.

I think PE effect/Quantum, Young modulus, potential dividers, maybe stationary waves, maybe resistive stuff, maybe momentum stuff, and chapter 1 (percentage uncertainty, graphs etc.) is gonna be on paper 2. Thoughts?
I thought it was okay/tad difficult. Made a ton of silly mistakes like blanking out completely about conservation laws in the 4 marker quark struc Q and the mass of the arrow in the bow&arrow Q. I thought the 6 marker was a very nice question but likely messed up the refractive index Q- (I got around 2.4 but working it out again gave me 1.4 something...?) Electricity was good apart from the last question where I got workings out but wrote the wrong conclusion (the LED's wouldn't have gotten 2.9V right??)
I don't have the best teachers for physics and in general was a bit disheartening :frown:, so looking to make up for it in P2 hopefully!
Reply 2
It was alright
What did you guys get for the refractive index?
Reply 3
Original post by Pendu346
It was alright

1.36. what did you guys get for mass of heli and the heli suvat ones
Reply 4
Exam today was okaayy. Was gutted that young modulus and resistivity did not come in 😭😭. But would possibly come in paper 2 though?
Reply 5
Original post by Pendu346
It was alright

Lol I made stuff up for that refractive index. I got like 1.4 or smth, although I don't exactly remember.
Reply 6
Guys im doing the paper next week
Can you give me some tips for the paper and what questions to prepare for?
Reply 7
Original post by Jdjdu
Yo, could you send me the paper I have done all of the AS papers and I could use it for practice.

I think your physics mocks would be the June 2023 paper or have questions from June 2023. Have you done them yet?

Quick Reply

Latest