The Student Room Group

do you use ipad/tabs or laptops for essay based subjects

By ipads I mean pens being included.
Thanks everyone!
Reply 1
a lot of my friends studying essay based subjects do use laptops and some ipads (not using pen), but mostly stick to paper for notes. my friends doing stem subjects take better advantage of an ipad with pen for notes
Reply 2
Original post by catss
a lot of my friends studying essay based subjects do use laptops and some ipads (not using pen), but mostly stick to paper for notes. my friends doing stem subjects take better advantage of an ipad with pen for notes

Thank you for your response. Currently debating whether iPad with pencil will be good or no
Reply 3
Notes on paper are easier imo
Reply 4
Original post by gjd800
Notes on paper are easier imo

Yes it is. But I am not sure if investing in ipads for notes will be a good idea. Are you currently writing on paper or using a laptop for your PhD?
Reply 5
Original post by ThyNDS
Yes it is. But I am not sure if investing in ipads for notes will be a good idea. Are you currently writing on paper or using a laptop for your PhD?

I finished my PhD five years ago and used both. I wrote most of it on paper first primarily because I was doing a lot of translation and I have a procedure for it that isn't really feasible on a screen. The writeup was done on a laptop.

I still do most of my first drafts on paper.
Reply 6
Original post by ThyNDS
Thank you for your response. Currently debating whether iPad with pencil will be good or no

yes, it’s still a good investment as you can use the ipad as a laptop but the pen is not really essential. do also consider any programs you might be using, office apps are kinda awkward to use on ipad (even in safari too)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending