The Student Room Group

University of London

Is a University of London degree prestigious and reputable? Thanks
Reply 1
I'm assuming by UoL you mean City, in which case it's alright. Last time I looked at the league tables, I think they were around 40, which isn't bad at all.
Reply 2
Original post by LazyLexi
I'm assuming by UoL you mean City, in which case it's alright. Last time I looked at the league tables, I think they were around 40, which isn't bad at all.

No not city, the university of London (AKA the federation university)
Reply 3
oh my bad, which college specifically? they vary on the tables by quite a lot, since they're very subject-specific
those universities standard varies a lot

UCL, Imperial are good

but birbeck and QMUL? comeon
Reply 5
Original post by HucktheForde

UCL, Imperial are good

^^^
Original post by HucktheForde

UCL, Imperial are good

While Imperial is _in_ london, it has not been part of the University of London for quite a few years now. Their old degree certificates used to say UoL, not anymore.
Original post by Mr Wednesday
While Imperial is _in_ london, it has not been part of the University of London for quite a few years now. Their old degree certificates used to say UoL, not anymore.

since when? looks like i have not kept myself updated to times since graduation lol
Reply 8
Hi, I’m an Italian student.
I’m currently holding three offers from these universities:
- Birkbeck, University of London in Msc Astrobiology.
-Brunel, Msc Environmental management.
- UCD in Dublin: Msc Environmental science.
I have read really bad things about Brunel in the last weeks, but also about Birkbeck.
I really like the course offered by Birkbeck because I want to do astrobiology also in a future PhD and I have read that they share the department of Earth and Planetary science with UCL.

I really need some feedback about all of them cause I want to make the best decisions.

Quick Reply

Latest