The Student Room Group

Best business & management unis?

Currently I'm thinking of Exeter, Bath, Edinburgh, but don't know about the other 2. I'm predicted DDD (AAA equivalent) in my business level 3 btec. I am wanting one pick to be London preferably but if that doesn't work its fine
Original post by courtedrights88
Currently I'm thinking of Exeter, Bath, Edinburgh, but don't know about the other 2. I'm predicted DDD (AAA equivalent) in my business level 3 btec. I am wanting one pick to be London preferably but if that doesn't work its fine

I dont know about London. Maybe look at Kings see if they accept BTECs. You could look at places like York and Lancaster as they are fairly similar places to Bath and Exeter.
Original post by swanseajack1
I dont know about London. Maybe look at Kings see if they accept BTECs. You could look at places like York and Lancaster as they are fairly similar places to Bath and Exeter.

york was another choice sorry I forgot to include it. kcl does accept btecs but they say they want 2 a levels as well? it's weird because what I'm doing is a a level equivalent
Reply 3
Check that
a) they will accept just a BTEC and don't want an additional A level
b) that you meet any GCSE Maths requirements.

For London, have a look at City.
Outside London, look at Sussex, Liverpool, Swansea etc for realistic 'lower requirement' choices.
Original post by swanseajack1

London universities tend to be quite difficult over BTECs. Almost everywhere else accepts them. There is is usually a Maths requirement due to the Maths involved in business and similar courses.
Hi there,

As someone mentioned earlier, London schools can be quite difficult about BTEC qualifications and usually require A Levels.

Here are Universities in London that accept BTEC certificates: London Metropolitan University, Queen Mary University of London, University of Westminster and London South Bank University.

Make sure to check the rankings of the courses and universities to see if they're satisfactory to you.

Let us know!

Best of luck,
Melanie
LSBU Rep

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending