The Student Room Group

I'm not sure what I want to do anymore

I'm not even sure what brings me happiness anymore. I am studying Sport Studies, business and health & social care. In sport studies I'm doing alright there's a chance I'll get a Distinction. In business things got complicated and I'm not sure what I'll get probably a merit or pass let's hope. In health and social care i might get a merit or pass but this course is a huge joke.
I don't know how to apply to universities and where I should apply. I'm not sure what I'm interested in and what I would like to do for my future career. There are few things I like to do and these are: travelling, drawing and watching movies. There's a chance that my modelling career might get better. But that's about it.
I might do apprenteship but I'm antisocial and Introvert I wouldn't like to work with children or to teach. I don't even know which apprenteship to do not gonna lie. And what course in university. :frown:
This is so difficult.

I'm very stuck, please help me.
Original post by yugenzi
I'm not even sure what brings me happiness anymore. I am studying Sport Studies, business and health & social care. In sport studies I'm doing alright there's a chance I'll get a Distinction. In business things got complicated and I'm not sure what I'll get probably a merit or pass let's hope. In health and social care i might get a merit or pass but this course is a huge joke.
I don't know how to apply to universities and where I should apply. I'm not sure what I'm interested in and what I would like to do for my future career. There are few things I like to do and these are: travelling, drawing and watching movies. There's a chance that my modelling career might get better. But that's about it.
I might do apprenteship but I'm antisocial and Introvert I wouldn't like to work with children or to teach. I don't even know which apprenteship to do not gonna lie. And what course in university. :frown:
This is so difficult.

I'm very stuck, please help me.

I'll admit I don't know much about apprenticeships, but university admissions is quite straight-forward. You apply through UCAS, which organises all of your applications. You'll need to write a personal statement, which is around a side of A4 about why you want to apply for the course and why you're a good candidate for it. If possible, you get your school/college to write an academic reference for you and include this in your application. After you submit your application, they might invite you for an interview, or ask for additional material (e.g written work), but this is dependent on the subject. They'll then make a decision, which can take a few weeks or several months.

If you're unsure what universities to apply to, there are a lot of materials online, and you can check if there's any in person events near you to help you decide. It's perfectly reasonable to decide that you don't want to go to university and take on debt, and apprenticeships are a good choice for a lot of people.
@yugenzi

It's okay to not know what you want to do. You can think about your strengths and what you enjoy and this can be a good starting point for generating ideas. Have you spoken to friends and family? What do they think you would be good at?

Are you interested in doing a degree that looks at tourism or media? There are a couple of degrees that the University of Huddersfield runs, that may be of interest to you 1) Business with travel and tourism 2) Media studies

Is there a careers' advisor you can speak to?

Knowing what you don't want to do is as helpful as knowing what you do want to do!

Take some time to think things through.

All the best,

Oluwatosin 2nd year student University of Huddersfield

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending