The Student Room Group

media coursework crisis- help

I am in y11 and take media studies, and part of it is coursework where we have to make a dvd cover (front and back) and a film poster, as well as a statement of aims.

I've only managed to take 2/8 pictures and I honestly do not have the time for it anymore. I have finished the poster but have had to reuse it for my dvd front cover which i am 99% sure is not allowed, but I have no choice. My sister who I take pictures with is in uni and the coursework is due tomorrow for my teacher to mark. I don't know if i should tell her this though.

I will have to go to coursework intervention but what will I do without those remaining pictures. There is also so, so many more details such as age rating, technical info and billing block, actors names, awards, film blurb which I have mostly done but it won't mean anything without the pictures.

I have much, much more important subjects than media that I have to revise for such as science as I might be dropped to triple foundation if I don't get my grades in my mocks which are this month, and the content is endless and it takes me ages to understand it. I do not have the time for media coursework anymore I have 7 other subjects that are so much more important.

I don't want my teacher to attack me over this either. Is it possible to just submit it to the exam board unfinished? Also I left it to last minute as I was revising for my other mocks and had prioritized that. I don't know what to do about this. Any tips?
Original post by Anonymous #1
I am in y11 and take media studies, and part of it is coursework where we have to make a dvd cover (front and back) and a film poster, as well as a statement of aims.

I've only managed to take 2/8 pictures and I honestly do not have the time for it anymore. I have finished the poster but have had to reuse it for my dvd front cover which i am 99% sure is not allowed, but I have no choice. My sister who I take pictures with is in uni and the coursework is due tomorrow for my teacher to mark. I don't know if i should tell her this though.

I will have to go to coursework intervention but what will I do without those remaining pictures. There is also so, so many more details such as age rating, technical info and billing block, actors names, awards, film blurb which I have mostly done but it won't mean anything without the pictures.

I have much, much more important subjects than media that I have to revise for such as science as I might be dropped to triple foundation if I don't get my grades in my mocks which are this month, and the content is endless and it takes me ages to understand it. I do not have the time for media coursework anymore I have 7 other subjects that are so much more important.

I don't want my teacher to attack me over this either. Is it possible to just submit it to the exam board unfinished? Also I left it to last minute as I was revising for my other mocks and had prioritized that. I don't know what to do about this. Any tips?

Hi,
[start]Sorry this is a late reply, but I have a few words of advice, questions, etc.[/start]
[start]Firstly, I'm a year 11 taking Media Studies too, hello! For our coursework, we had a lot more choices, I'm not sure if you're taking a different exam board to me, so I'm so sorry this is stressing you![/start]
[start]Don't panic, if you need to focus on subjects that are more important, do that. My only question is if you need Media for anything you'll be taking after GCSEs, because if not, even with a terribly marked piece of coursework would still give you a chance to achieve a pass with your actual exams. [/start]
In terms of your coursework, I understand I am quite late to respond but as long as it has met at least a few specifications, you should be fine.
Always try and ask your teacher for advice.
Good luck! If you need any support with the written exams, let know.
-Mari

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending