The Student Room Group

OCR A-level Computer Science Paper 2 (H446/02) - 19th June 2023 [Exam Chat]

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Ran through a few past papers (seems to be the best method for revising it).
All paper 2s have 2 sections, one for procedural programming, one for OOP.
Within the procedural, there is likely to be sorting methods, traversing, adding and removing from data structures, and possibly big o notation.
Within the OOP, its general OOP stuff, such as classes, creating constructors, etcetera.
Plus, data mining likes to pop up a lot, so best look into that a bit.
Reply 21
Original post by ItsMe9798
Ran through a few past papers (seems to be the best method for revising it).
All paper 2s have 2 sections, one for procedural programming, one for OOP.
Within the procedural, there is likely to be sorting methods, traversing, adding and removing from data structures, and possibly big o notation.
Within the OOP, its general OOP stuff, such as classes, creating constructors, etcetera.
Plus, data mining likes to pop up a lot, so best look into that a bit.

You're a gem. I was thinking that it's unlikely for depth-first traversal to come up since I've seen a couple of questions on it.
Reply 22
Original post by nouranicus
You're a gem. I was thinking that it's unlikely for depth-first traversal to come up since I've seen a couple of questions on it.

It's still best to revise it, as it may come up as an explanation or demonstrate question - that and the breadth first.
Reply 23
It's still best to revise it, as it may come up as an explanation or demonstrate question - that and the breadth first.

oh yes ofc but they're very simple questions, especially when they give a diagram
Reply 24
Original post by nouranicus
oh yes ofc but they're very simple questions, especially when they give a diagram

yes, exactly! should be simple enough if you know the methods, though
Reply 25
Original post by meowtrees
Feeling sad about computer science. Anyone else have any tips on how to get good on binary stuff? The craig and dave video's are so boring.

watch mrbrowncs. saved my paper 1
Reply 26
Original post by rhys_kenn
Do you guys think that OOP is likely to come up on this paper as it didnt come up on paper 1 which i thought was quite strange. Idk i have a feeling theres gonna be a lot of pseudocode on this paper tbh.

ive emailed my teacher to send us the paper 2 from last year. depending on that then we could guess if there will be a lot or less oop but im sure there will be, even if its a single question on a definition.
I hope so i put in a lot of practice for OOP before the last paper lol.

What exactly did you revise for OOP, just inheritance and stuff?
What are the best topics to revise for paper 2??????
Reply 29
Original post by unknown7861
What are the best topics to revise for paper 2??????

Data structures; adding to, removing from, and traversing. Sorting algorithms. OOP.
Reply 30
Original post by swnap
Hopefully not OOP :s-smilie:

Doesn't OOP come up as section B every year?!😖
Reply 31
Original post by albonk
Doesn't OOP come up as section B every year?!😖

OOP always comes up... I just wish it didn't
Reply 32
Do you guys think that OOP is likely to come up on this paper as it didnt come up on paper 1 which i thought was quite strange. Idk i have a feeling theres gonna be a lot of pseudocode on this paper tbh.

Yeah I definitely think that too. Paper 2 will probably have loads of OOP and psedocode/programs code questions seeing as Paper 1 barely did.
Reply 33
I don't think there were any questions on the software development cycle so that will probably come up
Reply 34
Original post by sdosf
I don't think there were any questions on the software development cycle so that will probably come up

Pretty sure thats paper 1 only
are the topics for paper 2 just the spec points 2.x.x??
Reply 36
Does anyone know if paper 1 topics come up on paper 2? If so which ones
For OOP, as long as you know the basics, you should be able to get at least something. I've been struggling on it for a while, but I have got so far...

Definitions:
- Class: a template to create an object, outlining the states and behaviours.
- Object: an instance of a class, with assigned states and behaviours.
- Attribute: the states of an object.
- Methods: the behaviours of an object.
- Instantiation: creating an object from a class.
- Encapsulation: making attributes private, so they cannot be directly accessed or modified without a given public method.
- Inheritance: creating a class template from another class, of which includes the same methods and attributes, but may have additional of its own (the subclass takes priority and overwrites the superclass).
- Polymorphism: methods that produce different outcomes, depending on the class it is used on, or how it is used.

Basic Code:
class className
private attribute1
private attribute2

public procedure new(givenAttribute1,givenAttribute2)
attribute1 = givenAttribute1
attribute2 = givenAttribute2
endprocedure

public function set_attribute()
attribute1 = newValue
endfunction
endclass

Create an object code:
newObject = new className ("attribute1 value", "attribute 2 value")

Thankyou so much!
Reply 38
Original post by ha14ha01
Does anyone know if paper 1 topics come up on paper 2? If so which ones

1.2.4 which covers procedural and OOP paradigms
(edited 10 months ago)
hey all,
I've written this, and the mark scheme says this, will i get the marks even if i didn't write in bullet points/technical terms?
WhatsApp Image 2023-06-15 at 19.48.42.jpgWhatsApp Image 2023-06-15 at 19.48.43.jpg
(edited 10 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending