The Student Room Group

What childish cartoons can you watch as an adult?

I am sure there are certain cartoons you can watch and people won't think you are weird but people may think certain cartoons and childish films/shows are weird. Would you class watching horrid Henry and berenstain bears and things like that okay (they contain some advanced words that I wouldn't have understood as a child) but cartoons like Peppa pig is too childish?

I do watch adult stuff too all the time but I find it boring after a while and it's full of kissing and people having sex
Reply 1
Maybe the amazing world of gumball, avatar the last airbender, adventure time and shera. I don’t think any of them are that childish. Just watch you want and don’t take any judgement from others.
Reply 2
Original post by lucyswillow
Maybe the amazing world of gumball, avatar the last airbender, adventure time and shera. I don’t think any of them are that childish. Just watch you want and don’t take any judgement from others.

And Disney movies never get old
Original post by Anony345533
I am sure there are certain cartoons you can watch and people won't think you are weird but people may think certain cartoons and childish films/shows are weird. Would you class watching horrid Henry and berenstain bears and things like that okay (they contain some advanced words that I wouldn't have understood as a child) but cartoons like Peppa pig is too childish?

I do watch adult stuff too all the time but I find it boring after a while and it's full of kissing and people having sex

Honestly if ur bored of stuff to watch try watching k dramas. If ur not into the romantic ones there are some good thriller, action ones I can recommend to u reborn Rich, My Name, Flower of Evil, Class of Lies, Sweet Home, Vincenzo there's loads. U can watch it for free on the dramacool website just use a private tab and put on some VPN and ur good (it has a few pop ups)
Reply 4
The Aristocats :h: So cute, and then I keep singing "Everybody Wants to be a Cat" all day long!

I'm almost 19 and I do still watch Spongebob Squarepants fairly often because although I do watch 'adult' stuff you're right, it does get boring after a while. I also still watch The Amazing World of Gumball every now and then as well as cartoon/animated films (e.g. Home, The Willoughbys etc). It doesn't matter what cartoon it is and whether or not it may be perceived as 'childish', if you enjoy it then watch it! I used to be too embarrassed to admit to watching cartoons at 10 (which is such a shame thinking back, kids should be allowed to be kids) but now I don't care. I even spoke to a friend about it once and turned out she still enjoyed watching kids cartoons too! You don't have to tell people if you don't want to, but if you do just know that they have no right to shame you for it. And Peppa Pig is just funny honestly, especially the 'roadman' edots on YouTube 😂😂

Go watch your cartoons and enjoy yourself :smile:
Original post by cbreezyy_17
Honestly if ur bored of stuff to watch try watching k dramas. If ur not into the romantic ones there are some good thriller, action ones I can recommend to u reborn Rich, My Name, Flower of Evil, Class of Lies, Sweet Home, Vincenzo there's loads. U can watch it for free on the dramacool website just use a private tab and put on some VPN and ur good (it has a few pop ups)

Finally someone else who likes My Name!! That was what got me into Kdramas and when I watched it I was convinced I would never watch anything as good ever again. Idk how to explain it but it just gave me this really deep feeling afterwards as if I'd seen something amazing and that anything after that would just be a disappointment. I only ever had a similar feeling after watching Spiderman No Way Home
Droopy, if someone here has ever watched that cartoon. Underdog with the Go Go Gophers is another cartoon no one may not know. Slapstick and wacky humor are things I still like as an adult.
(edited 11 months ago)

Horrid Henry is hard nostalgia. I don't see myself watching Peppa Pig, but then again I never did, so I wouldn't see any reason for me to now. Just watch what you want honestly, no one has any right judging. I bet people that have kids take secret joy in watching cartoons with them. Adult content hits too hard sometimes.

You meant She-Ra? He-Man is my preference, but she had the better theme for transformation. Ironically I did not liked these cartoons as a child, but now as an adult.
(edited 11 months ago)

Although not really a cartoon, the kids show kerching is still deffo worth watching. You should be able to get away with it.
The disney movies are always acceptable.

Quick Reply

Latest