The Student Room Group

Igcse physics paper 1 june 2023 edexcel | exam chat

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by pewpepwpe
i wrote resistance double current decrease ... and the voltage stay same therefore current must be decrease feels like I am wrong tho

yea resistance doesn't increase, it decreases as there are more loops in the circuit thus more routes for the current to flow through thus current increases
Reply 41
why did they give us marks for stating the equation even tho we had the formula sheet it was so weird. All the equation stuff was also so many marks
Reply 42
Original post by pewpepwpe
i wrote resistance double current decrease ... and the voltage stay same therefore current must be decrease feels like I am wrong tho

That’s what I said
Original post by Shueb6123
why did they give us marks for stating the equation even tho we had the formula sheet it was so weird. All the equation stuff was also so many marks

ikr it was like they just stuck a formula sheet there lol
Reply 44
What did everyone put for why the wavelength was lower in the rock than in the soil?
Reply 45
I guessed because rock is more denser than soil and waves travel slower in rock. but just a guess

Original post by themonke
What did everyone put for why the wavelength was lower in the rock than in the soil?
Reply 46
Original post by 224411
I guessed because rock is more denser than soil and waves travel slower in rock. but just a guess

Same and then I said that the frequency of the waves is constant so if λ=v/f then the wavelength goes down as well
Same and then I said that the frequency of the waves is constant so if λ=v/f then the wavelength goes down as well

yeah thats what i said too
Reply 48
(Original post by Shueb6123)why did they give us marks for stating the equation even tho we had the formula sheet it was so weird. All the equation stuff was also so many marks
Because they wrote last year, before they decided to give us the formula sheets
Reply 49
what did you get for the wavelength calculation question?
Reply 50
Original post by Pujy123
what did you get for the wavelength calculation question?

7.6 meters i think
Reply 51
Image 25-05-2023 at 23.25.jpgThis is from a past exam question
(edited 11 months ago)
Reply 52
what did you guys say for the question about why there was an ac current in the gold ?
Reply 53
Original post by j_ritz
what did you guys say for the question about why there was an ac current in the gold ?

Voltage is induced, current produces a magnetic field and it cuts through another magnetic field.

I went through the paper with my teacher and that is what it said
Reply 54
Original post by catsareawesome
ikr i wanted those

wdym? i got 3 1mark questions asking to state the equations linking... even tho i got all the formulas for the exam
Reply 55
Original post by aira.a
wdym? i got 3 1mark questions asking to state the equations linking... even tho i got all the formulas for the exam

Because the exam was made before they announced all the fomulas given to us and therefore they could not be bothered to change the paper
Reply 56
Original post by kmat1893
Because the exam was made before they announced all the fomulas given to us and therefore they could not be bothered to change the paper

so will those marks be removed from the overall paper? or will they give us the marks?
Reply 57
Original post by aira.a
so will those marks be removed from the overall paper? or will they give us the marks?

No they will give us those marks, it is the fact they could not be bothered lol
Same here but why on earth was that density question 4 marks :confused:

I was thinking that exact same thing lmao
Reply 59
Any ideas or predictions about paper 2 ?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending