The Student Room Group

Igcse physics paper 1 june 2023 edexcel | exam chat

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Any key topics that should be revised does anyone have jan 2023 paper 2 and its mark scheme ? To practise ..
Original post by Faroz
Any ideas or predictions about paper 2 ?

I'm thinking astrophysics
Reply 62
Anyone’s school or teacher who has been making predictions after looking at paper one . Astrophysics is definitely a strong one
Original post by Faroz
Anyone’s school or teacher who has been making predictions after looking at paper one . Astrophysics is definitely a strong one

100%. Magnetism didn’t come up, p1=t2 didnt come up, waves so like sini/sinr didnt show up, formation of solids liquids and gases didnt show, energy resources, specific heat capacity, no thinking or breaking distance
Reply 64
Original post by gooseygains24
100%. Magnetism didn’t come up, p1=t2 didnt come up, waves so like sini/sinr didnt show up, formation of solids liquids and gases didnt show, energy resources, specific heat capacity, no thinking or breaking distance

100% astrophysics will come up
Maybe static electricity as well
will tmmr's equation sheet cover all the equations or only the "physics only"/triple content ones??
Reply 67
Original post by student589375
will tmmr's equation sheet cover all the equations or only the "physics only"/triple content ones??

If you check on the specification there is attatched the formula sheet
Original post by kmat1893
If you check on the specification there is attatched the formula sheet

i meant in equation sheet they're gonna give us tomorrow in the exam
Original post by student589375
i meant in equation sheet they're gonna give us tomorrow in the exam

they have that on the edexcel website
Reply 70
does anyone have any last minute predictions???
Reply 71
how did people find paper 2?
Reply 72
Original post by 224411
how did people find paper 2?

it was ok. idk exactly
Reply 73
yeah I found it pretty easy surprisingly

Original post by itayrofe
it was ok. idk exactly
Original post by 224411
yeah I found it pretty easy surprisingly

Same
Reply 75
Original post by catsforever1154
Same

Yes I thought it was awesome compared to some of the past papers and even the mocks were harder than this
Original post by itayrofe
Mark scheme for the very last Q with the loudspeakers
Another Very reliable mark scheme:
1. an alternating current passes through the coil of the loudspeaker. AC changes direction continuously.
2.this produces an alternating magnetic field which interacts with the field of the permanent magnet.
3.as the current in the coil changes direction, the direction of the force on the coil also changes direction. the coil vibrates backwards and forwards.
4.as the coil is connected to the paper cone, the cone also vibrates backwards and forwards producing sound waves/longitudinal by vibrating particles in the air around it.
does this answer work?

ac flows through coil and makes it an electromagnet

the ac causes the magnetic field of the electromagnet to continuously change

this means it is constantly being repelled and attracted by the permanent magnet

the constant change in direction of the force acting on the coil causes it to move back and forth

this causes the cone to vibrate and sound waves to be produced

I don't know if this is right or if it hits the mark scheme.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending