The Student Room Group

About dissertation

Hi,
My dissertation was referred to plagiarism panel and panel decided minor case and given resit without capping because i mistakenly uploaded another dissertation. I submitted my resit dissertation unfortunately my resit was also referred because of unrelevent citations. Later, i submitted all the links to support my points. In my Aula App, my marks is given 45 merit grade and i will get this when panel decides the outcome. I had a meeting with plagiarism panel couple of days ago and waiting for the response.
Is 45 in dissertation is pass marks or fail?
What would i have options ?
I am International student so can i apply PSW?
Original post by Prabin217
Hi,
My dissertation was referred to plagiarism panel and panel decided minor case and given resit without capping because i mistakenly uploaded another dissertation. I submitted my resit dissertation unfortunately my resit was also referred because of unrelevent citations. Later, i submitted all the links to support my points. In my Aula App, my marks is given 45 merit grade and i will get this when panel decides the outcome. I had a meeting with plagiarism panel couple of days ago and waiting for the response.
Is 45 in dissertation is pass marks or fail?
What would i have options ?
I am International student so can i apply PSW?

Hey! You will need to check with your module team for exact details but usually for UK UG degrees the pass mark is 40 so 45 should be fine if the board is happy with everything. A lot of the time resits are also capped at 40 as well so it isn't anything unusual.
Reply 2
Original post by CCCUOfficial
Hey! You will need to check with your module team for exact details but usually for UK UG degrees the pass mark is 40 so 45 should be fine if the board is happy with everything. A lot of the time resits are also capped at 40 as well so it isn't anything unusual.

Thanks for you immediate response. I am post graduate student. So is it pass or fail marks?
Original post by Prabin217
Thanks for you immediate response. I am post graduate student. So is it pass or fail marks?

So the pass mark for postgraduate is usually 50, but again triple check this. It's weird that it would say 'Merit grade 45' so your circumstances and course may be slightly different to a usual postgraduate course so you will need to check with the person running the module or if you have a module handbook it should also clarify the grade boundaries in there.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending