The Student Room Group

Early Stuarts and Origins of the Civil War OCR A Level History

hi! i haven't seen a chat for this subject yet so i thought i would make one :smile: i really struggle with this topic as my teacher for it wasn't great so does anyone have any good resources or advice?
Reply 1
Hey, I know that the paper is tomorrow but my teacher said that for the sources questions some good tips were to signpost provenance by saying things like 'the provenance of this source is...' and 'this increases or decreases credibility because...' just to make sure that the examiner knows that that is what you are doing. They also said make sure to focus on evaluation that is linked to the question rather just of the source in general. If you have access to it then the fellows textbooks are pretty good especially for sources you can evaluate. Anyway I hope that was a bit helpful, I hope your exam goes well tomorrow- you can do this!!
Original post by Twinkle1720
Hey, I know that the paper is tomorrow but my teacher said that for the sources questions some good tips were to signpost provenance by saying things like 'the provenance of this source is...' and 'this increases or decreases credibility because...' just to make sure that the examiner knows that that is what you are doing. They also said make sure to focus on evaluation that is linked to the question rather just of the source in general. If you have access to it then the fellows textbooks are pretty good especially for sources you can evaluate. Anyway I hope that was a bit helpful, I hope your exam goes well tomorrow- you can do this!!

Yeah, most of the marks are for attempting looking at content, context, and provenance rather than the quality of your arguments (though of course this is still important) so signposting is essential. Do y'all think they'll finally give us a source question on the Restoration this year?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending