The Student Room Group

Cambridge Chemistry Challenge advice

I'm doing the C3L6 Challenge in just under a months time and was wondering if anyone who's done it in previous years could give me some advice on how best to prep for it? I'd really like to do well - any advice would be greatly appreciated! :smile:
Original post by AnnaMxcc
I'm doing the C3L6 Challenge in just under a months time and was wondering if anyone who's done it in previous years could give me some advice on how best to prep for it? I'd really like to do well - any advice would be greatly appreciated! :smile:

Whilst I never actually did C3L6, I did do the Olympiad (basically a bigger and scarier version of C3L6) and managed to get into round 2.

My top tip is to bring a highlighter with you - the questions are wordy af, so you need to be able to keep track of any relevant numbers and facts that are given to you in the question.
Reply 2
Original post by TypicalNerd
Whilst I never actually did C3L6, I did do the Olympiad (basically a bigger and scarier version of C3L6) and managed to get into round 2.

My top tip is to bring a highlighter with you - the questions are wordy af, so you need to be able to keep track of any relevant numbers and facts that are given to you in the question.

Awesome, thanks! Definitely noticed how they seem to want to distract you as much as possible with photos and unimportant exposition in the questions, which isn't great for me considering one of my weakest points in any exam is actually reading the question properly - I'll definitely bring a highlighter to the exam :smile:
Original post by AARON123463
how was the c3l6 if uve done it

I haven’t, though I have seen some of the past papers and they aren’t easy.

I’d really recommend looking over a few, along with the solutions and question commentaries to get an idea of what sorts of things come up and what mistakes you should aim to avoid. https://www.c3l6.com/downloads
Reply 4
Original post by AnnaMxcc

Out of curiosity what age is this for? Thanks!
Reply 5
Original post by subbhy
Out of curiosity what age is this for? Thanks!

year 12 kids, so 16-17
Reply 6
I like thiss

Quick Reply

Latest