The Student Room Group

Does he like me?

I am currently dating someone at the moment and there's a guy in our friend group that I used to have a crush on. Anyway, since getting with my bf, the other guy has been acting strange. First thing, he offered a sweet to everyone as he didn't want it. No one else wanted it, so I said I'll have it. I went to take it and he swerved his hand around mine and stopped near my mouth. I was weirded out by it but also felt nervous. Maybe I still had feelings for him, but I don't know. Without thinking i bit into it from his hand. That was the first weird moment.The next thing that happens, is he made fun of me crouching down at college. My bf said something at the time and I became flustered. So, i did what i always did and pinched/punched him in a joking manner. Next thing I knew, he grabbed both my wrists and put them over my head. He then proceeded to push me gently and kept eye contact with me. I'd be lying if I said that it didn't make my heart race, but it also made me confused. He stopped and stood in the position for a bit and then let go without saying anything. Bearing in mind that my bf is in the same room, but isn't paying attention to anything happening. Later in the day, my friend decided to see who I was compatible with. I got the guy and she did him. He got me in the end and when the group found out. Our other friend said "he wants you anyway". It's possible that it's just a joke. However, they never joked like this while in previous relationships. Another thing that happened, is the guy said I could keep his pen. He never does that though, and he used to always ask for the pen back because he could only write with those really nice inked pens. I just need some much needed advice on if he likes me, how I deal with it and do i tell my bf.
(edited 11 months ago)
Hi, this is such a tricky situation!! is your boyfriend and this guy friends? Personally i would definitely tell your current boyfriend how this guy is acting with you because it does seem like he is flirting, which is disrespectful to you and your boyfriend and he needs to know that its wrong. Even if you might have some kind of feelings for him you should trust that you chose your boyfriend and that happened for a reason. Although it seems like this other guy has a thing for you, if he was ready for a relationship with you he would have done it already and the fact he is now not respecting you while knowing you are in a relationship is really wrong. i think talk to the guy and ask him to stop doing these cheeky things and also let your boyfriend know (i dont think you have to tell your bf that you might have a little crush cuz it could make the situation worse). also if your bf knows he will be more weary of it which would hopefully make this guy stop. Hope this helps!
Reply 2
Original post by Imogen_eckley
Hi, this is such a tricky situation!! is your boyfriend and this guy friends? Personally i would definitely tell your current boyfriend how this guy is acting with you because it does seem like he is flirting, which is disrespectful to you and your boyfriend and he needs to know that its wrong. Even if you might have some kind of feelings for him you should trust that you chose your boyfriend and that happened for a reason. Although it seems like this other guy has a thing for you, if he was ready for a relationship with you he would have done it already and the fact he is now not respecting you while knowing you are in a relationship is really wrong. i think talk to the guy and ask him to stop doing these cheeky things and also let your boyfriend know (i dont think you have to tell your bf that you might have a little crush cuz it could make the situation worse). also if your bf knows he will be more weary of it which would hopefully make this guy stop. Hope this helps!

Yeah they're friends and i completely agree with what you say, thank you so much :smile:
Reply 3
Talk about it with both guys. There is nothing wrong with flirting as it doesn't cross limits. Just speak to both of them and set up limits.
I would say he does like you

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending