The Student Room Group

A Level exam marking

i know that results day for the a levels is mid august every year, but when do the examiners actually start marking the papers?

is it after all the exams have been completed or as soon as each paper has been sat? just curious :smile:
The marking process begins as soon as a script has been completed. So, once the exam has been sat, there is little delay in sending them off to the Awarding Body for them to be marked. :smile:
Reply 2
not sure why but that somehow makes it all seem more daunting 😭 thank you though!

do you by any chance know whether the same examiner marks one whole paper? like for example if an english lit paper was sat, does the same examiner mark both essays from one person's paper?
Original post by cephalothin
The marking process begins as soon as a script has been completed. So, once the exam has been sat, there is little delay in sending them off to the Awarding Body for them to be marked. :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by student3547
not sure why but that somehow makes it all seem more daunting 😭 thank you though!

do you by any chance know whether the
same examiner marks one whole paper? like for example if an english lit paper was sat, does the same examiner mark both essays from one person's paper?

My teachers who mark exams tell me that they’re assigned to one question in the paper so for your question, not only one examiner marks your whole paper but different people marking questions of your whole paper. Then more people check if their marking is reasonable.
Reply 4
thank you!! that makes loads of sense actually :smile:

having to wait till august for results is going to drive me to insanity 🥴
Original post by random727
My teachers who mark exams tell me that they’re assigned to one question in the paper so for your question, not only one examiner marks your whole paper but different people marking questions of your whole paper. Then more people check if their marking is reasonable.

Quick Reply

Latest