The Student Room Group

Which is the best online A level service?

An advisor at a college I went to told me that National Extension College would be the best one to go to, but it’s £690 for one A level. I heard Open Study College doesn’t offer much support. I’m wanting to study literature.

Disclaimer: I just want to know about A level online services, I don’t need berating on my financial decisions. Thanks for being respectful : )
Reply 1
CloudLearn is an excellent distance learning platform for A-Levels. If you are interested in doing A-Level Maths, I am selling access to my account for a lot less than what CloudLearn charge as I no longer need Maths A-Level and can no longer be refunded. Please contact me for more details!!
Reply 2
Original post by hollielb_
CloudLearn is an excellent distance learning platform for A-Levels. If you are interested in doing A-Level Maths, I am selling access to my account for a lot less than what CloudLearn charge as I no longer need Maths A-Level and can no longer be refunded. Please contact me for more details!!

Hey, how much would you be charging? I wasn’t planning on doing maths, but if it’s going for cheap I might have to consider it. Only issue is the cost of that additional exam which would be £600 on top of the £600 I’m already paying 😬
Reply 3
Original post by hollielb_

Also, do you know what CloudLearn is like for humanities subjects? I was just going to self-study English Literature, but If they offer coursework marking too I’ll look into it. Thanks : )
Reply 4
Original post by Lauren 28119
Hey, how much would you be charging? I wasn’t planning on doing maths, but if it’s going for cheap I might have to consider it. Only issue is the cost of that additional exam which would be £600 on top of the £600 I’m already paying 😬

Hi!

I’m charging £350 as it costs £499 originally on CloudLearn. There’s 16 months of access on the account, although this can be extended for as long as you want for a small fee I think.

I haven’t booked an exam with the account, but CloudLearn offer a service for exam bookings so you can easily contact them to find good prices etc.

I haven’t studied humanities with them, but they do mark coursework and offer marked assessments for all subjects included in the price I believe.

I have heard from a friend that it is more difficult to distance-learn humanities as their essays are usually more open to interpretation from teachers (and you only have 3 marked assessments with distance colleges, compared to hundreds at school). However, in science it’s usually just one straight answer you can learn from a textbook - it’s easy then to mark your own practice questions if you have finished your marked assessments, whereas it’s harder to mark your own essays.

I hope that helped! :smile:

Thanks
Reply 5
Open Study College is a scam. There are a lot of actual reviews (not the take fake ones they post on trustpilot) of former students angry about the lack of content and support.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending