The Student Room Group

how to do A Level remotely while working full time?

i currently have 2 A levels - 80 UCAS Points and want to get one more A level by next September. i work full time and i am 22 years old. i have been doing my research and there few organisation like oxbridge home learning that offer remote A levels. however the cost is quite expensive in itself and they provide you with resources such as textbooks and mark the work you do. And you have to arrange to sit the exam yourself at a centre.

would i better off just buying the books online and using the resources that are available online to prepare for exam and then book an exam with test centre.
Reply 1
Can I ask, what kind of A-level are you looking at? For some subjects, e.g. maths, it's easier to do from home because self-marking is alright to do. However for more essay-based subjects it can be harder.

That's not to say it's impossible as there are marking services out there and such, in short you can definitely self-learn with just the books and past papers and such, then book in for a centre. Just worth noting that the essay subjects are harder. Hope that helps! Good luck :smile:
(Original post by {Moss} Can I ask, what kind of A-level are you looking at? For some subjects, e.g. maths, it's easier to do from home because self-marking is alright to do. However for more essay-based subjects it can be harder.

That's not to say it's impossible as there are marking services out there and such, in short you can definitely self-learn with just the books and past papers and such, then book in for a centre. Just worth noting that the essay subjects are harder. Hope that helps! Good luck :smile:

i am thinking of Maths. but from what i have heard maths is quite hard. i got a 5 in Maths gcse. Are there any other A levels that i can prepare myself by self learning and do the exam?

Quick Reply

Latest