The Student Room Group

Super/extra curriculars?

I am in Y12, getting good grades, and am looking at some TOP unis, and one course that really caught my eye was Maths/ancient history at St.Andrews, and as I'm looking at maths for everything else, that isn't really an issue, but I've never really thought about doing history before. I have read a lot of history books relating to the ancient world, and maths history, but I don't really know how supercurriculars work with history? What kind of thing can you do outside of school/reading that makes you stand out in an application?
Original post by fordhamb
I am in Y12, getting good grades, and am looking at some TOP unis, and one course that really caught my eye was Maths/ancient history at St.Andrews, and as I'm looking at maths for everything else, that isn't really an issue, but I've never really thought about doing history before. I have read a lot of history books relating to the ancient world, and maths history, but I don't really know how supercurriculars work with history? What kind of thing can you do outside of school/reading that makes you stand out in an application?

its not necessarily name dropping impressive things youve done but instead showing passion and initiative, and what youve learnt from them that make the difference. TEDtalks, work experiences, projects like epq are great as you can really talk about ideas you got which prompted you to go/to do/to research xyz where you got xyz skills

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending