The Student Room Group

Ib ee research question on pyschology maybe?

hello, i have been trying to find a question for my ee and came up with "to what extent is shock therapy effective in treating depression?" but I'm not sure if it is good enough i am open to any feedback or any other question ideas that relate.
Reply 1
Before you make a firm decision on any EE topic, find how many peer-reviewed journals and studies you can find on it. I found that as I started to collect data, my question was altered slightly as most research would not cover my topic and my main argument didn't have enough support. That being said, it shouldn't be a topic that's too one-sided either. Make sure you can also find a solid counter-argument (this could be research stating that shock therapy is not an effective treatment, or it could be an alternate treatment that is more effective than shock therapy). Once you can ensure you have a solid argument and enough evidence to back it up, your question is good to go.
Also, your teacher has probably informed you of this already but make sure that what you cover in your EE goes more in-depth than the syllabus. As IB psychology covers psychological and biological treatments of depression, make sure that the content of your essay is not copied or too similar to the syllabus itself, as this can cause you to lose marks.

Most of all, however, make sure this is a topic you are interested in. During the final stretch you are essentially staring at these 4,000 words every day and night until they're submitted, so make sure they don't bore you or the examiners.

As long as you keep all of this in mind, you'll do great, and of course, if you'd like to make sure then you can always run it by your teacher. Good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending