The Student Room Group

The Official Love Island Thread Summer 2023

Scroll to see replies

Oh damn this is different and I like it
I like this cast. There's a mixture of personalities in there, compared to the last series where it was a slow-burner. Molly and Catherine are my current favourites.
Reply 22
Same. I find this cast quite interesting.
I quite like Ella as she has a bit of personality.
Reply 23
A few of the girls have good personalities I think.
Reply 24
Original post by Wired_1800
Initial assessment: “Molly is a sweet one”.

Can I ban you from using the 'sweer one 'phrase this season!:biggrin:
Original post by Scotney
Can I ban you from using the 'sweer one 'phrase this season!:biggrin:

:colone:

I guess people are fed up of some words. I read that some people want the words “vibe”, “my type” and “fit” to be banned from love island.
These Islanders aren't serious this year. We might potentially have some generational telly in front of us. I've got a feeling these lot are going to bring the drama. Those days of finding love are over, let's be honest. Just want people to show their personalities and give us entertainment.
Molly is one to look out for. I don't think she's as innocent as she comes across but I actually like her.
The stands-outs for me: Catherine, Molly, Tyrique and Mitchel.
Original post by Leslie Knope
These Islanders aren't serious this year. We might potentially have some generational telly in front of us. I've got a feeling these lot are going to bring the drama. Those days of finding love are over, let's be honest. Just want people to show their personalities and give us entertainment.
Molly is one to look out for. I don't think she's as innocent as she comes across but I actually like her.

I agree. I don't think many are in there for love. Hopefully Molly is good as the perception suggests.
Reply 28
Original post by Leslie Knope

Agree.

This season, they are not really even pretending to look for anything longterm. There is the odd very half-hearted reference to settling down.
The contestants this year seem quite fun and bubbly. I like all the different personalities. Unlike the last few series I find it rather refreshing and relaxed to watch - similar to the old days. I might be speaking too soon and proved wrong but I’ve gone back to enjoying tuning in every episode on time (:
Reply 30
Yes

So far so good!
Love Island never comes to an end, doesn't it? watched for minutes and switched off after, because it is too stupid.
Reply 32
Original post by Kallisto
Love Island never comes to an end, doesn't it? watched for minutes and switched off after, because it is too stupid.

I think you have to be a people watcher to enjoy it.Tbh I preferred the French Open Tennis tonight.
Original post by Scotney
I think you have to be a people watcher to enjoy it.Tbh I preferred the French Open Tennis tonight.

That is my real issue with it I have. I am not a people watcher, all the more they behave stupidly.
Reply 34
I get into it because I am interested in the relationships and dynamics.
Molly is such a sweet one but she, remaining open, is a bit of a red flag.
Reply 36
Molly is such a sweet one but she, remaining open, is a bit of a red flag.

I suspected that you were thinking that
Original post by Cote1

I was actually. She initially came across as lovely and lowkey but there may be something deeper.
Reply 38
Original post by Cote1

I was actually. She initially came across as lovely and lowkey but there may be something deeper.

Hah I was watching it thinking Wired will not be impressed by this behaviour Molly!:u:
Original post by Cote1
I get into it because I am interested in the relationships and dynamics.

So that is why Love Island is so successful as TV show. Finally a reason I got.

Quick Reply

Latest