The Student Room Group

mistake on ucas form

so i have sent off my ucas form and received decisions from my choices (all offers have been accepted on the condition i submit evidence of my grades), however i have been in the process of obtaining my grade certificates and have realised i have input the wrong result on my math gcse ( i put grade 5 but i actually have a 4 ) and the wrong specification of my btec (its just a national diploma not a national EXTENDED diploma) what do i do to amend this without potentially risking rejection? my memory clearly failed me and now im worried
Reply 1
You need to email each Uni and tell them.
Send copies of your certificates so they can see exactly what you do have.
Then, all you can do is cross your fingers, and wait for their decision..
Original post by _safiyah__
so i have sent off my ucas form and received decisions from my choices (all offers have been accepted on the condition i submit evidence of my grades), however i have been in the process of obtaining my grade certificates and have realised i have input the wrong result on my math gcse ( i put grade 5 but i actually have a 4 ) and the wrong specification of my btec (its just a national diploma not a national EXTENDED diploma) what do i do to amend this without potentially risking rejection? my memory clearly failed me and now im worried

These two mistakes could potentially be fatal to all the offers you're received. Any university or course which expects a grade 5 Maths isn't gong to be happy that you actually only have a grade 4. Do you know what your courses actually expect (as their standard GCSE Maths requirement)? Also a BTEC National Diploma is the equivalent of 2 A levels, whilst the BTEC National Extended Diploma is the equivalent of 3 A levels. Hence they are very different. Do you have any other Level 3 qualification? What do the standard entry requirements say they need? There's can't be many that would accept a BTEC National Diploma on it's own, with no additional Level 3 qualifications. There will be some, but not many.

As @McGinger says, you need to contact each university and let them know (and supply the certificates, lest you make a further mistake) - and then just hope for the best.
(edited 10 months ago)
Reply 3
Original post by DataVenia
These two mistakes could potentially be fatal to all the offers you're received. Any university or course which expects a grade 5 Maths isn't gong to be happy that you actually only have a grade 4. Do you know what your courses actually expect (as their standard GCSE Maths requirement)? Also a BTEC National Diploma is the equivalent of 2 A levels, whilst the BTEC National Extended Diploma is the equivalent of 3 A levels. Hence they are very different. Do you have any other Level 3 qualification? What do the standard entry requirements say they need? There's can't be many that would accept a BTEC National Diploma on it's own, with no additional Level 3 qualifications. There will be some, but not many.

As @McGinger says, you need to contact each university and let them know (and supply the certificates, lest you make a further mistake) - and then just hope for the best.

Hey so the university requirements are BBC - a level, DMM - BTEC and 5 gcse subjects of grade 4 or above including math and English.

with my gcses I received a 6 or above in every subject except maths (it was my weak spot hence the grade 4 😂) and I also did a level sociology and recieved a B grade! I also got D*D* in the btec I did!

im guessing I’ll just have to wait for my certificates to come in the post, email and beg for mercy from my uni choice 😭😭

thank you for the advice! I’m hoping they’ll be understanding lol!
Original post by _safiyah__
Hey so the university requirements are BBC - a level, DMM - BTEC and 5 gcse subjects of grade 4 or above including math and English.

with my gcses I received a 6 or above in every subject except maths (it was my weak spot hence the grade 4 😂) and I also did a level sociology and recieved a B grade! I also got D*D* in the btec I did!

im guessing I’ll just have to wait for my certificates to come in the post, email and beg for mercy from my uni choice 😭😭

thank you for the advice! I’m hoping they’ll be understanding lol!

OK, so you meet the GCSE requirement, that's good.

The fact that you have an A level (at grade B) in addition to the BTEC National Diploma, and the fact that the BTEC National Diploma is at grade D*D* might just save you. In pure UCAS points terms, three A levels at grades BBC are worth 112 points, as is a BTEC National Extended Diploma at DMM. Your A level (grade B) and your BTEC National Diploma at D*D* are also worth a total 152 points. :smile: (In fact your BTEC National Diploma at D*D* is worth 112 points on it's own).

Fingers crosses you get the response you're looking for. :crossedf:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending