The Student Room Group

A levels

I want to go to a good university and do accounting and finance at the UK. I’m in year 11 and my a level choices are probably going to be ( accounting, math and economics ) the a levels are not diverse because my school is in Iraq and it doesn’t really provide many subjects.

Is this good enough? What math module should I pick?what are your tips? Should I take any extra qualifications? How important are IGCSE?
Original post by Ja3far
I want to go to a good university and do accounting and finance at the UK. I’m in year 11 and my a level choices are probably going to be ( accounting, math and economics ) the a levels are not diverse because my school is in Iraq and it doesn’t really provide many subjects.

Is this good enough? What math module should I pick?what are your tips? Should I take any extra qualifications? How important are IGCSE?

Maths and Economics are amazing choices! Accounting is pretty good but do note that some universities at the very top end (e.g. LSE) may not regard it as highly so do double check the websites of the universities you're thinking of. You shouldn't need any extra qualifications (except maybe IELTS for some unis) so focus on getting good grades on those three and working on your personal statement (reading around, attending online lectures etc.). The importance of GCSEs varies by unis, some place more weight on them than others but generally as long as you have at least a C in maths and English, you'll be ok for a lot of universities.

Quick Reply

Latest