The Student Room Group

Want to Learn Computer Science but Difficulties in Understanding

Hi, I am a mature student in my forties with a degree in history but minimum math (no calculus) or programming knowledge. I came into contact with computer networking and AI in my work and wanted to acquire technical skills in these areas.

However, over the course of four years, I had enrolled in two conversion master degrees in computer science and ended up suspending many modules. I have the same problem of not understanding the lectures and assignments. While one of the degree allowed extension, I'm towards the end of the deadline. Is there any qualification that I can take that helps students with poor foundations and allow them to progress in computing?
Reply 1
Original post by hwp00462
Hi, I am a mature student in my forties with a degree in history but minimum math (no calculus) or programming knowledge. I came into contact with computer networking and AI in my work and wanted to acquire technical skills in these areas.

However, over the course of four years, I had enrolled in two conversion master degrees in computer science and ended up suspending many modules. I have the same problem of not understanding the lectures and assignments. While one of the degree allowed extension, I'm towards the end of the deadline. Is there any qualification that I can take that helps students with poor foundations and allow them to progress in computing?

Idea is very good for this idea.org.uk

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending