Reply 40
got around 79ish can't really tell, if this isn't an A idk what is
Reply 41
Original post by lance1524
got around 79ish can't really tell, if this isn't an A idk what is

That’s a solid A*
Original post by jamesphh
(Original post by RaZRbounty)boys is 62 an A

An A has never been above 60 and I doubt this time will be any different.

yeah so wtf is smelly feet talking about, i think i got around 57-60 marks but i could have more because of method marks
Original post by Nicholson1882
Do you agree with what I put for 15d?
x2 = 1.05
alpha = 1.96..?

I thought this was X2 = 1.50... not 1.05. I might be wrong but if you visualise the staircase you go up from 1 to the function and across the x=y, its bigger than 1.05.
For the question where it said solve for f(x) ALGEBRAICALLY, did you have to show how you found the solutions using the quadratic formula? Because I rushed and just put the equation into my calculator to get the solutions (although I got the answer right).

Also does anyone think there's a chance of an a* being above 80%?
(edited 10 months ago)
Reply 45
Original post by Bookworm524
Question 8 doesn't look right. It gives part b) k=2/3 or 20, but as the series is converging, k would have to be less than 1, therefore is 2/3 not 20

k is not the common ratio, r is. to work out r you had to plug k into the geo sequence, if you plugged in 2/3 you'd get a common ratio that isnt convergent but if you plug in 20 you get a convergent one, pretty sure r was -3/4
I think i got a solid 60 marks on this exam could this be an A
Reply 47
for the differentiation from first principles i proved it another way but idk if it will give me full marks. Basically i got to a point sinx(cosh-1/h) +sinhcosx. Then I used small angle formula to get sinx(-1/2h^2/h) +hcosx/h. so my final line was sinx(-1/2h) + cosx and as h tends to 0 dy/dx = cosx.
Original post by fluffydog1237
I think i got a solid 60 marks on this exam could this be an A

i think yes, because last few years grade boundaries have been stuck at around 57% so 60% is reasonable
Original post by mathsstudent222
100% for me
What a paper.

Original post by Loztta
Question 9 was “one to many” so I’m disagree with some of those answers

Its a function...functioms r all one to one or many to one by default, no?
Reply 50
question if you set an even number as 2n and an odd number being 2n+1 youd lose marks right? or no
Original post by yupyupp
question if you set an even number as 2n and an odd number being 2n+1 youd lose marks right? or no

Um when I did it I said when n is odd :let n =2k+1

When n is even : let n = 2p

Also does anyone remember what q5 part A was like the acc question thanks
Original post by AnthonyM2312
Um when I did it I said when n is odd :let n =2k+1

When n is even : let n = 2p

Also does anyone remember what q5 part A was like the acc question thanks

guys for the proof one all i did was expand it out,will i get any marks
Reply 53
According to those marks if the unofficial mark scheme is correct prob got minimum 88 🤓 but could be 95 🤓🤓 grade boundaries prob gonna be high 🤓
Reply 54
apparently i got 60 ish marks which is funny cause i was expecting like 30s lmao
Original post by 22gz
According to those marks if the unofficial mark scheme is correct prob got minimum 88 🤓 but could be 95 🤓🤓 grade boundaries prob gonna be high 🤓

so the grade boundaries are going to be high just because you got a high score? very stupid
Reply 56
Does someone have the paper?
Reply 57
Original post by B7861
so the grade boundaries are going to be high just because you got a high score? very stupid

It was a much easier paper than previous years you have to admit unless papers 2 and 3 are very hard the grade boundaries will rise
Original post by 22gz
It was a much easier paper than previous years you have to admit unless papers 2 and 3 are very hard the grade boundaries will rise

yes they will rise but not by an outstanding mark

people on tsr tend to do well and i spoke to plenty of people today who found it difficult so tsr isnt very representitive
guys allot of people are saying this test was easy but could grade boundaries really go up to 65%

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending