The Student Room Group

Pearson American West Question 2

Hi!

First time using this student room thingy but i just wanted to ask how many marks i would miss for putting west instead of east in my answer 😭

I was rushing at the end and got confused cause i was talking about the civil war between north and south and couldn’t figure out directions so i put the

“US government wanted to populate the East of the country to defend its territory from foreign powers which the delevopment of the railroad led to…”

but I meant west and i really hope it doesn’t cause me to lose all 8 marks on it

but what do you think?
am i panicking for no reason or will i lose most of the marks
(edited 10 months ago)
Reply 1
I think they'll probably dock just 1 mark, don't worry too much. I don't do America (I do Elizabeth, Cold War, nazi Germany and warfare) but generally they look to give as many marks as they can. Apparently they used to be really strict and start with full marks and take away as they saw mistakes, but now they just start from 0 and give marks for good points, even if you do make mistakes.
So yeah, don't panic for no reason. \(^-^)/
Reply 2
Thank you so much for this reassurance ❤️
History is the only subject i think i could get a 9 in 😭
Original post by Mashle
I think they'll probably dock just 1 mark, don't worry too much. I don't do America (I do Elizabeth, Cold War, nazi Germany and warfare) but generally they look to give as many marks as they can. Apparently they used to be really strict and start with full marks and take away as they saw mistakes, but now they just start from 0 and give marks for good points, even if you do make mistakes.
So yeah, don't panic for no reason. \(^-^)/
Reply 3
Thats fine don't worry about it, Im sure you'll do great :biggrin:
(edited 10 months ago)
Reply 4
Original post by nqhr
Hi!

First time using this student room thingy but i just wanted to ask how many marks i would miss for putting west instead of east in my answer 😭

I was rushing at the end and got confused cause i was talking about the civil war between north and south and couldn’t figure out directions so i put the

“US government wanted to populate the East of the country to defend its territory from foreign powers which the delevopment of the railroad led to…”

but I meant west and i really hope it doesn’t cause me to lose all 8 marks on it

but what do you think?
am i panicking for no reason or will i lose most of the marks

I understand that you're concerned about a mistake in your answer where you mentioned "East" instead of "West" in the context of the civil war and the development of the railroad. While I don't have specific information about the marking scheme or requirements of your assignment, I can offer some general guidance.

In most cases, minor errors or inaccuracies like this do not result in the loss of all marks for an answer. The severity of the impact on your marks would depend on the specific criteria and expectations set by your instructor or the marking guidelines. However, it's important to remember that one small mistake is unlikely to significantly affect your overall grade, especially if the rest of your essay demonstrates a strong understanding of the topic and meets the required criteria.

If the direction (East vs. West) is a crucial aspect of the question or if it directly impacts the understanding of the concept you are discussing, there may be a minor deduction in marks. However, if the overall content and arguments in your essay are clear and well-supported, it's possible that the impact on your marks will be minimal.

It's natural to feel concerned about such mistakes, but it's important not to panic. Focus on the strengths of your essay, the depth of your analysis, and the overall coherence of your arguments. Remember, one small error is unlikely to define the quality of your entire essay.
Reply 5
Original post by Mashle
Thats fine don't worry about it, Im sure you'll do great :biggrin:

I got a grade 8 with American West & Henry being my best paper!!
(edited 8 months ago)
Reply 6
Original post by nqhr
I got a grade 8 with American West & Henry being my best paper!!

Hey well done!!! Congrats! I only got a 5 myself with it being my worst subject, but it's not a great loss for me since im a STEM subject guy.
Reply 7
Original post by Mashle
Hey well done!!! Congrats! I only got a 5 myself with it being my worst subject, but it's not a great loss for me since im a STEM subject guy.

sorry for the late late reply lol

i could never be a stem girlie but i wish because I really loved biology but my teacher completely ruined it for me taking me from a straight grade 9 student to a grade 6 student. It didn't help that paper 2 in my opinion had the most interesting topics yet my teachers barely taught us anything so I had to teach myself the content and the aftermath of that was not great least to say. sorry i could rant about biology all day, that exam and the prep for that exam may have genuinely taken years off my life :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending