The Student Room Group

Urgent As/ A LEVEL MATHS EDEXCEL BINOMIAL HELP

I got part a and b right but i keep on getting the wrong answer for part c.
Can someone please tell me how the ms says x=0.1 i keep on getting that x=1
(edited 10 months ago)
Original post by LOST_CASEXOXO
I got part a and b right but i keep on getting the wrong answer for part c.
Can someone please tell me how the ms says x=0.1 i keep on getting that x=1

Whole question seems rather ridiculous; asking for an approximation when you have to use 3\sqrt 3 in your expansion.

However, if A is the working out from your expansion, then with x=0.1, you have:

A=3.2A=\sqrt{3.2}

=3210= \sqrt\dfrac{32}{10}

=415= 4\sqrt\dfrac{1}{5}

So, 5=4A\sqrt 5 = \dfrac{4}{A}

So, work out your expansion (using root 3, yuck!) divide it into the numerator (4).

At this point, you should find another textbook or website for your revision.
(edited 10 months ago)
Reply 2
Original post by ghostwalker
Whole questions seems rather ridiculous; asking for an approximation when you have to use 3\sqrt 3 in your expansion.

However, if A is the working out from your expansion, then with x=0.1, you have:

A=3.2A=\sqrt{3.2}

=415= 4\sqrt\dfrac{1}{5}

So, work out your expansion (using root 3, yuck!) divide it into the numerator (4).

Thankyou - Its from Maths Genie :colonhash:
Reply 3
Whole question seems rather ridiculous; asking for an approximation when you have to use 3\sqrt 3 in your expansion.

A=3.2A=\sqrt{3.2}

=415= 4\sqrt\dfrac{1}{5}

your answer is right
Original post by LOST_CASEXOXO
your answer is right

You weren't supposed to see that (I assume you looked at my second reply - if not ignore this.) :lol:

I reread my original reply, thought it was wrong, so replied disowning it, and then rereread it and realised I was right, and deleted my second reply hoping no one had noticed.
(edited 10 months ago)
Reply 5
You weren't supposed to see that (I assume you looked at my second reply - if not ignore this.) :lol:

I reread my original reply, thought it was wrong, so replied disowning it, and then rereread it and realised I was right, and deleted my second reply hoping no one had noticed.

loll no i saw it dw hahaaaa thankyou

Quick Reply

Latest