The Student Room Group

Cambridge TMUA preparation

Hello all,

I want to take the TMUA this year to apply for Computer Science at Cambridge (G400). I am from Cologne, Germany and just graduated from high school with best possible grade. However, I only had basic maths (not further mathematics or as we call it Leistungskurs) and do not know where to start with preparations. If you have any resources, courses or information which could help me out please let me know!

Thanks
Moved to Cambridge forum to help you get more replies.
Reply 2
Original post by Raffael R
Hello all,

I want to take the TMUA this year to apply for Computer Science at Cambridge (G400). I am from Cologne, Germany and just graduated from high school with best possible grade. However, I only had basic maths (not further mathematics or as we call it Leistungskurs) and do not know where to start with preparations. If you have any resources, courses or information which could help me out please let me know!

Thanks

https://www.admissionstesting.org/for-test-takers/test-of-mathematics-for-university-admission/preparation/

Note that there seems to be a note saying the TMUA is being removed for 2024/5.

Regardless i would heavily recommend going through the standard A-Level Maths syllabus (edexcel/ AQA/ OCR) to see what topics you have/have not covered. i would also recommend covering A-Level Further Maths if at all possible. i assume that you could at least buy a textbook for the german version of "further maths" over the summer and study this - perhaps with a bit of guidance from your old school.

if not - so long as your english is good enough i would say that the general standard of teaching and information offered for free is very strong for maths. There's certainly no shortage of youtube videos for common topics such as calculus or the binomial distribution. etc.
Reply 3
Original post by normaw
Moved to Cambridge forum to help you get more replies.

Please could I be directed there? There are so many Cambridge threads I don't know which one is best.
Original post by GiangN
Please could I be directed there? There are so many Cambridge threads I don't know which one is best.

If you want to ask a question about Cambridge, just click the start new discussion button at the top of this thread.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending