The Student Room Group

Durham or St Andrews for mathematics masters

Hey, I'm an international student from the US planning to do my masters in the UK. I have gotten offers from both St Andrews and Durham for a masters in mathematics but at the moment I'm unsure of where to accept. I'm currently leaning a bit towards Durham, but was hoping that I could get some insight from people in the UK on the pros and cons of each university.
(edited 10 months ago)
Reply 1
Original post by arm23232
Hey, I'm an international student from the US planning to do my masters in the UK. I have gotten offers from both St Andrews and Durham for a masters in mathematics but at the moment I'm unsure of where to accept. I'm currently leaning a bit towards Durham, but was hoping that I could get some insight from people in the UK on the pros and cons of each university.

Depends on hat your focus is? Durham seems to have stronger pure modules and St Andrews stronger applied. Both nice places, I'd really just choose on the Maths you want to do.
I studying undergrad at St Andrews and love it here. The town is really nice and the teaching is excellent. As the above user said, there tend to be more options for applied modules but there are still plenty pure as well. I've heard really good stuff from masters students as well.

Quick Reply

Latest