The Student Room Group
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield

Enquiry

I made my application to the Uni of Sheffield's foundation year back before the deadline in January, as I am an U21 student, I had to fill out a Disrupted Studies Form but owing to the wait required for a note from my Doctor, I emailed them not long after to make them aware that my Disrupted Studies form would be on the way shortly. I emailed my form in February.

A few months later, UCAS informed me I'd been rejected and no reason was given.

Recently, I've been going through some emails and decided to send a follow-up reply to my Disrupted Studies email as to enquire as to whether or not it had been taken into account when they were considering my application. (I wanted to know where I had gone wrong, for peace of mind)

The next morning, somebody replied and from what they said - the department had never received my original email with my Disrupted Studies Form and doctor's note attached in the first place (error on Gmail's part perhaps?) and they asked me to resend it - which I have now done - and they replied back asking questions about life experience, etc.

My question is: Will the fact the application was originally rejected as a result of having not received my Disrupted Studies form make any difference to what they decide? I'm very nervous as I'm sure unis never tend to change their mind when it comes to denying/ or accepting applications
Original post by Anonymous
I made my application to the Uni of Sheffield's foundation year back before the deadline in January, as I am an U21 student, I had to fill out a Disrupted Studies Form but owing to the wait required for a note from my Doctor, I emailed them not long after to make them aware that my Disrupted Studies form would be on the way shortly. I emailed my form in February.

A few months later, UCAS informed me I'd been rejected and no reason was given.

Recently, I've been going through some emails and decided to send a follow-up reply to my Disrupted Studies email as to enquire as to whether or not it had been taken into account when they were considering my application. (I wanted to know where I had gone wrong, for peace of mind)

The next morning, somebody replied and from what they said - the department had never received my original email with my Disrupted Studies Form and doctor's note attached in the first place (error on Gmail's part perhaps?) and they asked me to resend it - which I have now done - and they replied back asking questions about life experience, etc.

My question is: Will the fact the application was originally rejected as a result of having not received my Disrupted Studies form make any difference to what they decide? I'm very nervous as I'm sure unis never tend to change their mind when it comes to denying/ or accepting applications

If they have no intention of genuinely considering you, they'd have simply said, "Sorry. We didn't receive the form. The course is now full. Good luck with whatever alternative path you choose."

The very fact that they're asking for further information means that they're genuinely considering your application. It might still result in a rejection, but at least you'll know it wasn't just because of one stupid form.

Good luck.:crossedf:
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending