The Student Room Group

Help urgent

what are the chances of going from a U to a B/A in A level biology and how?
Reply 1
I think you could defo do it. Just make sure to do loads and loads of practice questions. These will help you know what topics keep coming up and how to answer specific questions. Could I ask what exam board you are doing? Because certain exam boards have stupid mark schemes where you need very specific words in order to get the marks (e.g. Edexcel A or Edexcel B are like this). Lots of the questions are very similar for the topics so you just need to do loads of questions so that you can link the questions in the exam to questions you did as practice. You could try PhysicsandMathstutor for questions or Savemyexams? You will definitely be able to do it thought if you just work hard and keep going with the questions!
Reply 2
Original post by Shivi8
I think you could defo do it. Just make sure to do loads and loads of practice questions. These will help you know what topics keep coming up and how to answer specific questions. Could I ask what exam board you are doing? Because certain exam boards have stupid mark schemes where you need very specific words in order to get the marks (e.g. Edexcel A or Edexcel B are like this). Lots of the questions are very similar for the topics so you just need to do loads of questions so that you can link the questions in the exam to questions you did as practice. You could try PhysicsandMathstutor for questions or Savemyexams? You will definitely be able to do it thought if you just work hard and keep going with the questions!

Thank you! I'm just kinda worried because i got my mocks back and 2 Us in bio and chem, might be dropping chem but I still want to stick with bio but obviously need to up that grade. My exam board is AQA, i know and the annoying thing is I've done that! I've done all sorts of revision methods, name it and I've done it but I'm not seeing results!! I hate exams, I panic and my mind goes completely blank. Also for practice Qs you need a lot of detailed knowledge which i struggle to remember, in GCSEs it was easy bc you could be very broad but in A levels like you said, its very specific :frown: any tips??
Reply 3
Original post by Peanut_Butter
Thank you! I'm just kinda worried because i got my mocks back and 2 Us in bio and chem, might be dropping chem but I still want to stick with bio but obviously need to up that grade. My exam board is AQA, i know and the annoying thing is I've done that! I've done all sorts of revision methods, name it and I've done it but I'm not seeing results!! I hate exams, I panic and my mind goes completely blank. Also for practice Qs you need a lot of detailed knowledge which i struggle to remember, in GCSEs it was easy bc you could be very broad but in A levels like you said, its very specific :frown: any tips??

Not really sorry! Bio has loads of content unfortunately! I think it's just going through revision questions and seeing which topics keep coming up and then memorising those parts of the topics? Also just learning the mark scheme really helped! (At least it did for me for AS!)

Quick Reply

Latest