The Student Room Group

OCR A Level Further Mathematics MEI Statistics minor Y432/01 - 16 Jun 2023 [Exam Chat

Poll

How did the exam go for you?

Here is the exam discussion for this exam. :smile:

Date/Time: Friday 16th June PM
Length: 1h15

Scroll to see replies

Last part of last question I used summation formulas and ran out of time. Overall felt quite confident but had no time to check stuff, and not certain if I got DoF right, but way better than other exams. Extra pure is gonna kill me though
Reply 2
Original post by Ben
Last part of last question I used summation formulas and ran out of time. Overall felt quite confident but had no time to check stuff, and not certain if I got DoF right, but way better than other exams. Extra pure is gonna kill me though

Degrees of freedom was 2
Yeah that last question was weird
Reply 3
@Evil Homer Can add to list pls :smile:
Original post by malymole1
Degrees of freedom was 2
Yeah that last question was weird

Got 2 there too. What about spearman’s dof?
But also, good thing is the last question was so few marks. I hope I got the rest right, need marks to substitute how badly I have done before
Reply 5
Original post by Ben
Got 2 there too. What about spearman’s dof?
But also, good thing is the last question was so few marks. I hope I got the rest right, need marks to substitute how badly I have done before

U dont use degree of freedom for spearmans right? U use the spearman's table. I did 1 tailed, 5% level, n=8. Critical value 0.6429
(edited 10 months ago)
U dont use degree of freedom for spearmans right? U use the spearman's table. I did 1 tailed, 5% level, n=8. Critical value 0.6429

I think I did 7 dof rip
But I think I looked at the wrong, right side, so I read 37 or what was it value, lol. Was h0 rejected?
(edited 10 months ago)
Reply 8
Original post by Ben
But I think I looked at the wrong, right side, so I read 37 or what was it value, lol. Was h0 rejected?

My spearmans rank coefficient or whatever its called was 0.5something so less than crit value I think that meant H0 accepted cuz insignificant
(edited 10 months ago)
My spearmans rank coefficient or whatever its called was 0.5something so less than crit value I think that meant H0 accepted cuz insignificant

So I got a wrong conclusion I think rip hopefully there will be FT marks
Reply 10
Original post by Ben
So I got a wrong conclusion I think rip hopefully there will be FT marks

This is previous mark scheme so judge what u got based off this:
Screenshot 2023-06-16 160606.png
This is previous mark scheme so judge what u got based off this:
Screenshot 2023-06-16 160606.png

Yeah I am screwed, I read 37 or 38 instead of 7/8
Reply 12
Original post by Ben
Yeah I am screwed, I read 37 or 38 instead of 7/8

Rip, max 2 marks lost tho right?
does anyone know if there’s a thread for the stats major cant seem to find one :/
Rip, max 2 marks lost tho right?

2 or 3 I suppose. And 1-3 for last question. If I got everything else right which I doubt that would still be good tbf. It was a nice exam apart from last question.
Reply 15
Finally an exam I didn't take a fat L on, hopefully this will carry my grade. Couldn't answer 7 though
Original post by Ben
2 or 3 I suppose. And 1-3 for last question. If I got everything else right which I doubt that would still be good tbf. It was a nice exam apart from last question.

Had no time to check my answers as I first time did PMCC for the question, tried to do summation formulae for last, and also wrote into wrong answer part again. Kees happening to me :/ probably could have gotten extra time had I applied for it but oh well, hopefully will still be an A
Reply 17
for last part of last question i did:
Var(X) = 50 x 1/12 x [(n-99)^2 - 1]
= 25/6 x [n^2 - 198n + 9800]
(edited 10 months ago)
Reply 18
Original post by erenyeagers
does anyone know if there’s a thread for the stats major cant seem to find one :/

I think theres 2
Original post by erenyeagers

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7364999#post98566763

Quick Reply

Latest