The Student Room Group

Maintanance loan

I applied for student finance for the 22/23and I declared that I am married from 2022 but my wife lives outside UK. She has never come to uk. Now student finance is asking to give evidence for marital status and my son's birth certificate. And taxable income of my wife. The problem is my wife never went to work and does not have any proof of work. Now student finance stopped me paying finance and is asking me to them back because they said I have been overpaid last year though I applied as a single person. Now I am in a complete mess. Could you please advice me what should I donin this situation? Thank you.
Original post by Saemkhan
I applied for student finance for the 22/23and I declared that I am married from 2022 but my wife lives outside UK. She has never come to uk. Now student finance is asking to give evidence for marital status and my son's birth certificate. And taxable income of my wife. The problem is my wife never went to work and does not have any proof of work. Now student finance stopped me paying finance and is asking me to them back because they said I have been overpaid last year though I applied as a single person. Now I am in a complete mess. Could you please advice me what should I donin this situation? Thank you.

Hi there,

Your wife can still support your application even if she's not working or living in the UK. She would declare 0 where applicable on the forms (if these are the ones you've been emailed) and then once you send these to us we'll reassess and correct your funding.

Thanks, Jason

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending