The Student Room Group

Can I get student finance for my 4th year on my MSci course?

As the title suggests, I am a bit worried about funding for my course.

Currently I am in my third year, on track to receive a Bachelors degree. Next year will be my fourth year where I will complete the integrated Masters degree.

Since this is an integrated undergraduate course, and I haven't failed any years yet, will I be able to apply for the full tuition fee of £9,000 as well as my usual maintanance loan?

Have not been able to find a straight answer to this question for a while.
Hi Ultimo36,

Yes, as you are on an integrated masters course we will be able to fund the final year of your course - including a tuition fee loan and maintenance loan.

Can you clarify for me that you will not be completing a bachelors degree and gaining a qualification then transferring into the final year of an integrated masters?

Thanks,
Calum
Reply 2
Original post by Calum SLC
Hi Ultimo36,

Yes, as you are on an integrated masters course we will be able to fund the final year of your course - including a tuition fee loan and maintenance loan.

Can you clarify for me that you will not be completing a bachelors degree and gaining a qualification then transferring into the final year of an integrated masters?

Thanks,
Calum

I am currently in my 3rd year and I am completing a major project which lasts the whole academic year. I believe I will be receiving a Bachelors degree at the end but i'm not 100% sure on this. I have emailed people at my university about this subject but have not been able to get an answer yet, and nobody really knows exactly who is leading the MSci program.

I'm assuming that if I do receive a Bachelors degree, i will be considered a post-graduate and funding will be minimal or not available, even though the course stated it was an integrated undergraduate course.
Hi there. Student's who complete 3 years on an honours course, gains a qualification and then transfers to do an integrated masters would not be eligible. This would only applied if you are transferring onto an integrated masters course after having gained a BA. Thanks, Leah.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending