The Student Room Group

SFE Migrant worker loan

I’m a second year irish uni student working in the UK with currently only a Tution fee only loan. Is it possible now that I am working along side my studies that I am eligible for a migrant worker maintanence loan?
Original post by Akean134
I’m a second year irish uni student working in the UK with currently only a Tution fee only loan. Is it possible now that I am working along side my studies that I am eligible for a migrant worker maintanence loan?

Hi there,

If you are now working you can apply as a Migrant Worker. You would need to complete a paper PN1 form and then post it back to us. You would also need to send us a copy of your contract of employment. On the contract it will need to have your employment start date, your contracted hours per week and it must be signed & dated by the employer or employee. We would also ask for your last 3 months of your payslips and your most recent P60 if available. Once received it can take 6-8 weeks to process. Thanks, Drew

https://media.slc.co.uk/sfe/2324/ft/sfe_pn1_form_2324_o.pdf

EEA Migrant Worker Team Student Finance England PO Box 89Darlington DL1 9AZ
Reply 2
Original post by Drew SLC
Hi there,

If you are now working you can apply as a Migrant Worker. You would need to complete a paper PN1 form and then post it back to us. You would also need to send us a copy of your contract of employment. On the contract it will need to have your employment start date, your contracted hours per week and it must be signed & dated by the employer or employee. We would also ask for your last 3 months of your payslips and your most recent P60 if available. Once received it can take 6-8 weeks to process. Thanks, Drew

https://media.slc.co.uk/sfe/2324/ft/sfe_pn1_form_2324_o.pdf

EEA Migrant Worker Team Student Finance England PO Box 89Darlington DL1 9AZ

Hi Drew ,

Thank you for this! Just wondering because my parents don’t work or live in the UK what section should they will out.

Also would this new application be under the new student finance repayment plan or still the one I’m currently on as I started uni in 2022

Thank you!
Original post by Akean134
Hi Drew ,

Thank you for this! Just wondering because my parents don’t work or live in the UK what section should they will out.

Also would this new application be under the new student finance repayment plan or still the one I’m currently on as I started uni in 2022

Thank you!

Hi Akean,

They would still declare their income in the relevant sections and send their 2021 tax details if they worked abroad during that year. Thanks, Jason

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending