The Student Room Group

Bristol Dentistry 2024 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Just got an interview 🎉😭🥰🍀
Anyone else?

Also reminder to check your junk mail!!!
(edited 5 months ago)
Reply 21
Original post by toothysmile
Anyone else?

Did it update on ur UCAS as well or was it only an email?
Original post by Ibbethy
Did it update on ur UCAS as well or was it only an email?

Only email :smile:
Anyone else?

congrats!!
Reply 24
Anyone else?

congrats!!! could I ask what your stats are??
Reply 25
Anyone else?

Congrats. I assume you had an excellent UCAT score.
Can everybody please confirm with their UCAT scores when they get an interview call, to get an idea where we have reached? Even if one of your friends have got it.
Reply 26
I've just received an interview offer with a UCAT score of 2610, band 1. I'm not 'contextual' either, so read into that what you will!
Original post by BlueNewt
I've just received an interview offer with a UCAT score of 2610, band 1. I'm not 'contextual' either, so read into that what you will!

Hi congrats did you get invite today?
Reply 28
Original post by Greekdentist
Hi congrats did you get invite today?

Thank you very much. Yes, I got an email this morning. Good luck if you're still waiting.
Thank you very much. Yes, I got an email this morning. Good luck if you're still waiting.

there’s no way, send proof
Reply 30
Original post by rohans0078
there’s no way, send proof

Why do you think they would be lying??? Is there something you know?

Thank you!
I though bristol have high ucat score cutoff that is why i did not apply this year. Their cutoff was like 2850 last year.
Original post by Sukhi1709
Why do you think they would be lying??? Is there something you know?

the cut off last year was 2850, its impossible for it to drop by 200 points unless hes contextual considering its ranked by ucat only. Hes either a troll or he doesnt know what hes talking about and he is contextual
Reply 33
the cut off last year was 2850, its impossible for it to drop by 200 points unless hes contextual considering its ranked by ucat only. Hes either a troll or he doesnt know what hes talking about and he is contextual

Thanks for explaining Rohan0078, such a shame if he is a troll, just don't understand why anyone would do this, it's a stressful enough time for everyone 🤨
Reply 34
From this forum, only toothy smile got interview, I think ucat in excess of 3200 and blue newt claiming at 2610, nobody in between?
I am in between, no info yet.
Seems a bit implausible. Even if it were to fall (some fall can always happen), still too steep and why nobody else has got in between. Not able to believe.
Reply 35
Original post by Hjcapewell
I got an interview last week, 3110

Thanks, congrats.
Expected at this score.
This was aspirational choice for me. Applied at 2840. Borderline chance.
Reply 36
Original post by Greekdentist
Thank you!
I though bristol have high ucat score cutoff that is why i did not apply this year. Their cutoff was like 2850 last year.

Yes, I'd seen some of the earlier posts so wanted to advise people that, whilst I don't know how common it is, obtaining an interview with a lower UCAT score isn't impossible. I have previously been rejected from Bristol with a slightly lower score and can't comment on the university's rationale for granting me one this year as I'm not privy to it, but that's where I'm at; whether others want to believe me is their prerogative!
I'm routing for you in your other choices 😁
Reply 37

Ahhh, the old argument from incredulity, followed closely by a false dichotomy. Lovely stuff!
Have you considered that maybe I'm just telling the truth?
Ahhh, the old argument from incredulity, followed closely by a false dichotomy. Lovely stuff!
Have you considered that maybe I'm just telling the truth?

Congrats, that's amazing, I totally believe you, I know someone who got an interview at Sheffield with a UCAT score that was around 200 points below their 2023 cutoff!
Yes, I'd seen some of the earlier posts so wanted to advise people that, whilst I don't know how common it is, obtaining an interview with a lower UCAT score isn't impossible. I have previously been rejected from Bristol with a slightly lower score and can't comment on the university's rationale for granting me one this year as I'm not privy to it, but that's where I'm at; whether others want to believe me is their prerogative!
I'm routing for you in your other choices 😁

Hey thank you for your confirmation that is amazing!
Maybe they count the PS more this year. Hope you do well in the interview too. 😁
I have 2 interviews (Aberdeen and Dundee) hope to get in too.

Quick Reply

Latest