The Student Room Group

Bristol Dentistry 2024 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by akkanodia
From this forum, only toothy smile got interview, I think ucat in excess of 3200 and blue newt claiming at 2610, nobody in between?
I am in between, no info yet.
Seems a bit implausible. Even if it were to fall (some fall can always happen), still too steep and why nobody else has got in between. Not able to believe.

i got one with a 3150!
Reply 61
Original post by HILLEBRANDSeb
i got one with a 3150!

Thanks, that's not far.
It would be helpful to know till what score interviews have been called. Non contextual school leavers.
Reply 62
damn why're you so passive agressive 💀💀

😭😭
Reply 63
damn why're you so passive agressive 💀💀

Hear, hear! I did type a (somewhat sharply worded) reply, but then invoked Hanlon's razor instead and let it slide. I'm sure empathy and compassion are essential attributes for any aspiring dentist; one can only hope the application process filters these people out!
Best of luck with your application. Have you received, or had, any interviews yet?
Original post by BlueNewt
Hear, hear! I did type a (somewhat sharply worded) reply, but then invoked Hanlon's razor instead and let it slide. I'm sure empathy and compassion are essential attributes for any aspiring dentist; one can only hope the application process filters these people out!
Best of luck with your application. Have you received, or had, any interviews yet?

yeahh, mate all u had to was upload 1 simple screenshot and instead u went on this whole ramble. Why not actually post some proof so people can actually trust you. Many people lie on tsr just to troll etc. Obviously you cant say your lying now so its understandable. You may have actually got an interview through a bristol summer school or something. However to say that without any contextual things you have received an interview thats very unlikely with your score and to not show proof, it just makes everything you say 100x more unlikely.
Reply 65
Original post by rohans0078
yeahh, mate all u had to was upload 1 simple screenshot and instead u went on this whole ramble. Why not actually post some proof so people can actually trust you. Many people lie on tsr just to troll etc. Obviously you cant say your lying now so its understandable. You may have actually got an interview through a bristol summer school or something. However to say that without any contextual things you have received an interview thats very unlikely with your score and to not show proof, it just makes everything you say 100x more unlikely.

I don’t think you’re understanding what you’re asking of me. For this to serve any useful purpose I would not only have to prove that I got an interview, but also my UCAT score, which school and college I attended, where I live, that I haven’t completed an outreach programme, have never been in receipt of free school meals nor have ever spent time in care. That’s the last I’m going to say on it, thank you for your understanding.
I don’t think you’re understanding what you’re asking of me. For this to serve any useful purpose I would not only have to prove that I got an interview, but also my UCAT score, which school and college I attended, where I live, that I haven’t completed an outreach programme, have never been in receipt of free school meals nor have ever spent time in care. That’s the last I’m going to say on it, thank you for your understanding.

Yeah if your not gonna prove it then don't say fake things. It isn't hard to upload a small snippet of your invite. No one asked for your whole life story. Your a troll and everyone who has some sense knows it 🙂 Bristol isn't gonna drop the cut off by 250 points just for u without special consideration mate.

yeah cheers, I've got all 4 interviews but have only had the bristol one so far.
Reply 68
yeah cheers, I've got all 4 interviews but have only had the bristol one so far.

Hi, do you know till what UCAT score interviews have already been called? Non contextual.
Hi, do you know till what UCAT score interviews have already been called? Non contextual.

nah sorry, but last year's cutoff are a good indication i'd assume
Reply 70
nah sorry, but last year's cutoff are a good indication i'd assume

Yes, I am kinda borderline.
Haven't yet come across anybody interviewed less than 3150, not possible.
The number of people appearing in UCAT was less this year. Decile increased by 10. Plus last year, cutoff had already jumped by 100. My best guess... Cutoff should have been between 2830-2870.
Not heard of any rejections yet.
Reply 71
Do you think they send invitations in batches, or have they already sent all?
Reply 72
No messages here recently. Shall we assume that the cutoff this year was 3150?
Anybody non contextual with interview call below this?
No messages here recently. Shall we assume that the cutoff this year was 3150?
Anybody non contextual with interview call below this?

No way the cut off is 3150 - that's crazy, only 2% of all UCAT takers takers would have got this or more, they always give out a new batch of interviewers after the next round of interviews is done...
Reply 74
Original post by toothysmile
No way the cut off is 3150 - that's crazy, only 2% of all UCAT takers takers would have got this or more, they always give out a new batch of interviewers after the next round of interviews is done...

Excellent! That's a unique pattern. Do they select as they go?
Being aware from your earlier message that you have already been interviewed, have you already received an offer?
Reply 75
Original post by toothysmile

Also, would be grateful if you could confirm if the interview was online or physical.
for ppl who had interviews, how did it go in your opinion?
Congrats. I assume you had an excellent UCAT score.
Can everybody please confirm with their UCAT scores when they get an interview call, to get an idea where we have reached? Even if one of your friends have got it.

my ucat was 2700 b2 but i applied for gateway course n my interviews on 10th jan😭
Reply 78
Hi, really struggling with the matchbox and other task. What kind of things do you put in there ? It’s so small please helpppp!
Reply 79
Original post by cghnnnn3588
my ucat was 2700 b2 but i applied for gateway course n my interviews on 10th jan😭

When did you hear? I got 2900 B1 and I’m contextual but I haven’t heard anything

Quick Reply

Latest