The Student Room Group

Bristol Dentistry 2024 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by EirinnM
When did you hear? I got 2900 B1 and I’m contextual but I haven’t heard anything

Did you apply to gateway as well?
whats bristols teaching style?
Reply 82
Original post by Elsdents
Did you apply to gateway as well?

I don’t think so but I was just wondering about hearing back because I haven’t heard anything yet whether it’s an interview or a rejection
Original post by EirinnM
When did you hear? I got 2900 B1 and I’m contextual but I haven’t heard anything

Was urs gateway course is well? They got back to me like 11th december? i wouldn't worry too much about it as i've read other forums here from the previous years
Original post by toothysmile
No way the cut off is 3150 - that's crazy, only 2% of all UCAT takers takers would have got this or more, they always give out a new batch of interviewers after the next round of interviews is done...

yeah haha the cutoff won't be 3150 lmao
Original post by akkanodia
Also, would be grateful if you could confirm if the interview was online or physical.

mine was online
Original post by uzeen
Hi, really struggling with the matchbox and other task. What kind of things do you put in there ? It’s so small please helpppp!

follow the brief and use your imagination!! :smile:
Original post by shkshjsdh
how was your interview? got mine in a couple days haha bit nervous. just wanted to know what proportion of the interview was the prepared stuff(matchbox and the instruction task)?

Be careful, we aren't allowed to say whats in the interviews, Bristol can terminate your application if people do tell!
Has anyone with an interview received a form about work experience?
Original post by Coalmine06
Has anyone with an interview received a form about work experience?

They don’t use the form anymore (stopped using it because of covid limiting work experience)
Reply 90
how was your interview? got mine in a couple days haha bit nervous. just wanted to know what proportion of the interview was the prepared stuff(matchbox and the instruction task)?

it is completely normal to be nervous but when you do the interview just stay calm and answer the questions to the best of you ability! I don't think we are allowed to say how much they asked about that but just prepare enough for those tasks. I hope your interview goes well.
Original post by polluted-pen
They don’t use the form anymore (stopped using it because of covid limiting work experience)

Thank you. I was reading the admissions statement and got worried :smile:
Reply 92
Original post by mo05
it is completely normal to be nervous but when you do the interview just stay calm and answer the questions to the best of you ability! I don't think we are allowed to say how much they asked about that but just prepare enough for those tasks. I hope your interview goes well.

my bad haha i forgot ab that!! tysm
Reply 93
my bad haha i forgot ab that!! tysm

no worries when is your interview?
Hi! just in case this helps anyone i applied to bris last year and got an interview offer in beginning of feb so don’t worry if you haven’t received one just yet!! congrats to everyone who have already, feel free to message if wanting any advice, got 2840 ucat
Reply 95
Original post by student2:)
Hi! just in case this helps anyone i applied to bris last year and got an interview offer in beginning of feb so don’t worry if you haven’t received one just yet!! congrats to everyone who have already, feel free to message if wanting any advice, got 2840 ucat

Hi
Do you mean you are a first year student?
Got 3020 UCAT.
Not heard back yet ☹️
Reply 96

I thought cutoff was 2850 last year. We're you contextual?
Original post by akkanodia
I thought cutoff was 2850 last year. We're you contextual?
no not contextual, think i was on cutoff tho
Reply 98
no not contextual, think i was on cutoff tho

That's very interesting. It means their cutoff figure is incorrect for last year.
Many people with UCAT around this level didn't apply for this reason.
Reply 99
Original post by mo05
no worries when is your interview?

tomorrow its my first interview looool feeling anxious

Quick Reply

Latest