The Student Room Group

Cardiff Dentistry 2024 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by MsBobatea123
Np xx, Would you want to consider Uni of Sheffield as I believe they have a somewhat holistic approach tend to favour higher UCATs like yours, lso have a look into Manchester as I believe they may be good for you as well (however I am not too sure on their admissions process), also deffo have a look at Liverpool if you have a lot of work experience as well and know how to reflect, I would say Liverpool would be a decent option.

Ah okay maybe Welsh applicants do have some sort of advantage, but do not feel that because you are from England you will deffo not get in, as there are a lot of english applicants at Cardiff Uni xx.

For the last question, I am not sure maybe it would be best to ask the University in a freedom of information request, if that is information they can publicly share.

Thanks.
Application deadline is imminent.
Sheffield favour high VR (mine was only 550), and their cut-off is unknown. I’m below Manchester’s 2800. Thanks though. Really appreciate it.
You don’t exactly need to have 2800 for Manchester as I believe they have a holistic approach (they emailed me saying that) and since you have above 2700 which they advised at their open day.
Original post by Jetjo123
Thanks.
Application deadline is imminent.
Sheffield favour high VR (mine was only 550), and their cut-off is unknown. I’m below Manchester’s 2800. Thanks though. Really appreciate it.
Reply 22
Hi, can I apply at Cardiff with the following GCSE
Predicted A*A*A
UCAT 2680 Band 2
Any idea about their UCAT cutoff
Original post by MMorcos
Hi, can I apply at Cardiff with the following GCSE
Predicted A*A*A
UCAT 2680 Band 2
Any idea about their UCAT cutoff

Tbh cardiff is so tricky with their scoring. They score the gcses/28, ucat/5, sjt/4, contextuals/2. Last year's cutoff was 35-36 points I think.
Reply 24
Original post by Greekdentist
Tbh cardiff is so tricky with their scoring. They score the gcses/28, ucat/5, sjt/4, contextuals/2. Last year's cutoff was 35-36 points I think.

How can I calculate the points? I can’t see this information on their website, thank you
Reply 25
Original post by Greekdentist

Where did you get this information from? It’s not in their admissions statement or on the website. Is it defo dentistry or is this med?
Reply 26
Original post by basicbrowngirl
You don’t exactly need to have 2800 for Manchester as I believe they have a holistic approach (they emailed me saying that) and since you have above 2700 which they advised at their open day.

Thanks. That’s true.
Hey everyone!

Hope you're all doing well 🥰, with the UCAS deadline approaching why not check out the new 2024 entry Dentistry A200 / A201 fastest and slowest offer senders thread: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7409162

And post your own application journey?
Hi,
I'm applying here as a non-welsh applicant from London,
My gcses are 99888888777 and my A level predicted is A*AA
i got 2730 band 3 in my ucat
I think I have a pretty good personal statement and I'm non-contextual
Do you guys think I have a chance of getting an interview??
appreciate the time
Reply 29
Original post by Nightshäde
Hi,
appreciate the time

I would say chances are fairly low because of the band 3 unfortunately
Original post by Ibbethy
I would say chances are fairly low because of the band 3 unfortunately

rip i didnt know they counted sjt heavily when i applied .__.
Has anyone heard back yet?
Original post by UncleOldHorse
Has anyone heard back yet?

not yet, still waiting for the rejection 😃
Reply 33
Anyone received any interviews yet?
Original post by MIL1420
Anyone received any interviews yet?

not yet
Reply 35
Original post by MsBobatea123
Heyy guys, I am a 1st yr dental student at Cardiff, and yes I got in as a English applicant, you chances are not totally annihilated if you come from outside of Wales. In fact, majority of my cohort aren't Welsh. Other factors come into play for interview selection xx

My
Daughter is on her third gap year trying to get into dentistry and has applied to cardiff this year. Currently working as a dental nurse for past 18 months. Any one provide interview techniques? As a third time application, really need to just get one offer even this year to get her in as this is her dream Career and she has rejected other degree offers over past three years
Hello does anyone know when cardiff actually sends out interviews and does them?

I understand that they are very busy but they havent replied to an emial I sent to them 2 weeks ago while all my other unis that I have applied to have responded
Original post by DestroyerN
Hello does anyone know when cardiff actually sends out interviews and does them?

I understand that they are very busy but they havent replied to an emial I sent to them 2 weeks ago while all my other unis that I have applied to have responded

They give out interviews in December just before we break up on the 15th. That is what they did last year.
Reply 38
anyone heard anything from cardiff?
Original post by Nightshäde
Hi,
appreciate the time

Hi I’m currently a second year dentist - in my UCAT i got band 3 for sjt. I know many people in my year also did so dont stress about it too much! your overall ucat score is good. i hope you get an interview!!!

Quick Reply

Latest